NDSU Fans Are So Arrogant!!!

NewNoise

Banned
Reaction score
How dare they be so bold as to think they would beat Minnesota!! So brash! So bold! So confident! How dare they!!! They are FCS by the way!!
Oh......wait.....nevermind.

lol. I told people we would lose this game, but nooooooooo. We're in the B1G so it's not possible

Again, it's not arrogance when you win. It's confidence.

Good to see the NDSU fans so happy to knock off what appears to be a 1-11 football team. Hooray for them!!

Good to see the NDSU fans so happy to knock off what appears to be a 1-11 football team. Hooray for them!!

You are right. We talk about a 'trap game', when in reality this was a 'trap game' for NDSU. If they had lost, they would be totally embarrassed.

Is that the same excuse that you used last time they lost to NDSU? I mean, the last time NDSU beat the Gophers, it was the "worst" team ever in MN history. Probably the 2nd worst team in history after this year though, I suppose.

Is that the same excuse that you used last time they lost to NDSU? I mean, the last time NDSU beat the Gophers, it was the "worst" team ever in MN history. Probably the 2nd worst team in history after this year though, I suppose.
Pretty much. Do you even follow Minnesota football? FYI, they've been bad for quite some time now.

Are you kidding me? I am both a Gopher and Bison fan and to simply brush this off as "beating a 1-11 team" is terrible.

FBS schools should destory FCS schools, there is no question. Bright days may be ahead for Gopher football but things are dark in Dinkytown right now.

So now you have to ask yourself this question: which U of Minn football team that was beaten by NDSU was the worst U of Minn football team in history?

Because that's all NDSU fans heard last week - "yeah good for you back in 2007, you beat our worst team in history".

So now which one is it? You can only pick one team to be the worst in history.

This team has more talent than the 2007 squad but was less well prepared. It's pretty much a wash.

This team has more talent than the 2007 squad but was less well prepared. It's pretty much a wash.

Less well prepared? Really?

So what did they do all last week? Sit around and play cards?

Bulls**t. You guys on this message board are really something.

Can you really sit there with a straight face and tell me that at least every 2-deep player on Minnesota's roster did not put in 20 hours last week in terms of position meetings, practice, etc. not to mention the time they put in watching film of the opponent on their own.

I dare you to walk up to any Gopher player and accuse them of not putting in the time. You might end up at HCMC with a busted spleen and it would serve you right for being bone headed.

I dare you to walk up to any Gopher player and accuse them of not putting in the time. You might end up at HCMC with a busted spleen and it would serve you right for being bone headed.
Sounds like you don't believe the team is very disciplined either. Felony assault over an opinion my goodness!

This is going to be a long season. Kill wasn't joking when he said there wasn't a lot of talent here. That's why he's burning a number of redshirts this year and it means a lot of younger kids playing before they probably should have. It'll be a long season for us but hopefully these youngsters will gain experience that will help a year or two down the road. I'd rather watch frosh defenders getting burned versus upperclassmen. At least there's hope for the future there.

NDSU was better prepared and, quite frankly, acted like they wanted the game more than we did. I still can't believe I waited in the bus line from hell at the fairgrounds that long to watch that mess.

It is not arrogance when you have confidence in your team and passion to know that you can win. It is arrogance to constantly talk about it, point to it like a badge of courage or honor, and then come back and gloat about it consistently. The gloating is what bugs people. NDSU played with more heart, effort and deserved to win last night congratulations to them, they pulled off two turnovers, two big turnovers and scored points to secure the win. Just do not feel the need to keep telling us about it. We do not need to play NDSU anymore not because we have not beaten them the last two times, we simply owe them no favors to shine the spotlight on there program, help them out and highlight them and we certainly do not owe them any more TV exposure. Mostly it has been Lakebison that has turned Gopher fans into believers in arrogance. The Bison backed up there talk, just don't have a letdown that can be easy to occur. Again we owe NDSU nothing, you want to play Big 10 teams again schedule somebody else.

gopherdudepart2 said:
It is not arrogance when you have confidence in your team and passion to know that you can win. It is arrogance to constantly talk about it, point to it like a badge of courage or honor, and then come back and gloat about it consistently. The gloating is what bugs people. NDSU played with more heart, effort and deserved to win last night congratulations to them, they pulled off two turnovers, two big turnovers and scored points to secure the win. Just do not feel the need to keep telling us about it. We do not need to play NDSU anymore not because we have not beaten them the last two times, we simply owe them no favors to shine the spotlight on there program, help them out and highlight them and we certainly do not owe them any more TV exposure. Mostly it has been Lakebison that has turned Gopher fans into believers in arrogance. The Bison backed up there talk, just don't have a letdown that can be easy to occur. Again we owe NDSU nothing, you want to play Big 10 teams again schedule somebody else.

Good post.

I suggest scheduling Wisconsin, but you may want to read the South Dakota head coach's post game comments first. His team beat a down Gophers squad by three last year and was down by 49 before Wisconsin took their foot off the gas at the end of the third quarter.

BTW, the Gophers play UW every year and lead the all time series. Be glad you got them when they were down.

NDSU has Iowa on the schedule now for 2016. Kansas St. is on the schedule in 2014 as well I think(generally a mediocre team, not unlike Minnesota). I anticipate being competitive with Kansas St. assuming both teams are similar to what they are right now. As for Iowa, well......as optimisitic fans say....Any given Saturday haha. That could be a tough fought game, or a blowout(in favor of Iowa I'd presume).

Lets give due credit here. To avoid further embarrassment, we need to avoid scheduling the Bison in the future.

Imagine all the gloating on this board if the Gophers had upset USC!!

Its time to be quiet and let the Bison celebrate. They earned it.

Lets give due credit here. To avoid further embarrassment, we need to avoid scheduling the Bison in the future.

Imagine all the gloating on this board if the Gophers had upset USC!!

Its time to be quiet and let the Bison celebrate. They earned it.

We would be very happy with the win, but we wouldn't think that we were above USC, or that our program is better than theirs (well maybe in a moral sense, but not as far as wins and just general dominance is concerned). Most of all I don't think we would be setting up accounts on THEIR board to go and rub it in their faces.

Think about last year's loss to South Dakota. How many South Dakota fans did you see creating accounts on OUR board to gloat over us? Or even New Mexico State, didn't see any of them coming over here to gloat.

We would be very happy with the win, but we wouldn't think that we were above USC, or that our program is better than theirs (well maybe in a moral sense, but not as far as wins and just general dominance is concerned). Most of all I don't think we would be setting up accounts on THEIR board to go and rub it in their faces.

Think about last year's loss to South Dakota. How many South Dakota fans did you see creating accounts on OUR board to gloat over us? Or even New Mexico State, didn't see any of them coming over here to gloat.

South Dakota and New Mexico St don't have >50% of their undergraduates coming from Minnesota (or whatever the number is).

NDSU is always going to have the little brother/big brother feeling toward Minnesota. Always. And when we do beat you in things now and then, the NDSU alumni are going to feel good about it.

South Dakota and New Mexico St don't have >50% of their undergraduates coming from Minnesota (or whatever the number is).

NDSU is always going to have the little brother/big brother feeling toward Minnesota. Always. And when we do beat you in things now and then, the NDSU alumni are going to feel good about it.

Agreed 100%. Most North Dakotans in general I think like the U of M, the same guys who are "gloating" are the same ones who will gladly tell you that it was a blast to come to TCF and watch a game in a Big Ten stadium and that the Gopher fans were really nice people for the most part. Hell, the only hostility I saw was two Gopher fans getting into a scruff arguing Shortell vs. MQG

Agreed 100%. Most North Dakotans in general I think like the U of M, the same guys who are "gloating" are the same ones who will gladly tell you that it was a blast to come to TCF and watch a game in a Big Ten stadium and that the Gopher fans were really nice people for the most part. Hell, the only hostility I saw was two Gopher fans getting into a scruff arguing Shortell vs. MQG

I don't mind celebrating about the win (although I would much prefer if it were done on the Bison board than here), NDSU fans deserve that, it was a good win for them, it's the ones that come over here thumping their chests and yelling "I told ya so!" and telling us how we just got owned and utterly dominated by the national football powerhouse that is North Dakota State that piss me off. This very thread, in fact, was made solely to rub it in our faces that NDSU won. I know some people don't like "what-ifs" in games because if one event happens differently then the whole game turns out different, but if not for that fluke defensive TD at the end of the first half, a play that probably would not have worked at least 8 times out of 10, then the game is tied and Minnesota has the ball in the 4th quarter with only a few minutes left to go.

Some of the NSDU fans (and even some of the Gopher fans, sadly) seem to think that Minnesota is not even in their league, that they just pound us up and down the field and act like they beat us 35 to 3, and that it was totally expected and that NDSU always beats Minnesota, when really the last two NDSU victories over Minnesota, are the ONLY two NDSU victories over Minnesota.

It kind of reminds me of a little while back when Bret Bielema was quoted as saying that his Wisconsin program was "beyond" Michigan. It's not though, Michigan is having a down period, and Wisconsin is having an up period. Wisconsin is better right now, but dwarfs in comparison to Michigan's football tradition. North Dakota State has beaten Minnesota these last two meetings, and in both, Minnesota had a new head coach in his first year here, but Minnesota is FBS and NDSU is not. I feel kind of bad using that as it sounds kind of disrespectful, and just saying that is probably going to make some NDSU fan jump down my throat about how NDSU just totally dominated Minnesota, but Minnesota plays in a higher league of football, and would probably beat NDSU most times, we were just caught at bad times. I'm pretty sure that the 2008 and 2009 teams would have beaten NDSU had they played them.

I don't mean to disrespect North Dakota State, I just don't like the fans that think they could just thrash Minnesota any day of the week, and think that these last two victories prove that North Dakota State is a level above Minnesota.

Top Bottom