ncaa mind-numbing end of game plays?

march madness

Reaction score
Arizona vs Uconn

Arizona is down 2 and tries long contested three's to win the game instead of a two. The first miss got rebounded at about 8 feet and that guy passed it out for a three...did he think they were down three? I am confused?

Florida vs Butler

Florida had the tie with the ball and at least 30 seconds on the clock, Walker who did nothing all game, decides to wait for a pick and roll and 7 seconds on the clock and shoot a contested three. He was 1 for 10 on three's.

Then in overtime they run a play to give Boyton a three from 5 ft behind the line, for the win, they were down two??

**Are teams foolishly going for the three to win when they could have a chance on getting the ball to the basket, for a foul, and a decent chance on a rebound. Has basketball changed and I missed the boat??

another possibility-

The coach had something better "called" and when it came time to execute the players got nervous and failed to execute. I've been on the wrong end of that before. Also, you're not going to find many coaches who then say, "That's not what I called, I don't know what the H--- player A was doing out there!"

Top Bottom