NCAA hits Rutgers football with notice of 7 possible violations

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per NJ.com:

In a scathing 17-report obtained by NJ Advance Media on Tuesday, the NCAA accused the Rutgers athletics department of being asleep at the wheel while former head coach Kyle Flood and others committed a string of violations that included recruiting infractions, leaning on a professor for a better grade for a player and burying a slew of positive drug tests.

In addition, the NCAA alleges that women in the football team's "ambassador" program freelanced with recruits and their families, operating against the rules with no supervision.

The NCAA has issued a formal letter -- called a Notice of Allegations -- to Rutgers following an 18-month investigation into the football program and the athletics department. The letter details seven allegations of varying severity.

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2016/12/rutgers_ncaa.html

Go Gophers!!

I was going to ask if there was a team worse than ours in this kind of trouble, and the answer is here.

per NJ.com:

In a scathing 17-report obtained by NJ Advance Media on Tuesday, the NCAA accused the Rutgers athletics department of being asleep at the wheel while former head coach Kyle Flood and others committed a string of violations that included recruiting infractions, leaning on a professor for a better grade for a player and burying a slew of positive drug tests.

In addition, the NCAA alleges that women in the football team's "ambassador" program freelanced with recruits and their families, operating against the rules with no supervision.

The NCAA has issued a formal letter -- called a Notice of Allegations -- to Rutgers following an 18-month investigation into the football program and the athletics department. The letter details seven allegations of varying severity.

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2016/12/rutgers_ncaa.html

Go Gophers!!

Have been wondering how any Power Five team in the country could take a chance on Jerry Kill and his health issues.

This explains it.

Have been wondering how any Power Five team in the country could take a chance on Jerry Kill and his health issues.

This explains it.

I would take a chance..... as an HC.

Not so much OC.

Well, at least all the cheating paid off for Rutgers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a feeling Kill's about to have a relapse.

Imagine how bad they would be if they didn't cheat. Time to end this experiment and send them to the Big East

Imagine how bad they would be if they didn't cheat. Time to end this experiment and send them to the Big East

The B1G didn't want Rutgers for their football team, it was for their basketball team silly.

Big East does not have football..unless that was your point...that neither does Rutgers.

The B1G didn't want Rutgers for their football team, it was for their basketball team silly.

B1G wanted the NY market. Rutgers facilitated that...

Top Bottom