NCAA Bracket 2024 and Games

Sadly I tivo’ed ESPN not knowing they were going to do all that chit chat on the side…. And since I watched late I couldn’t switch to ABC. GRRRRRR. That was lousy!

Caitlin Clark, the Dan Marino of Women's college basketball. Tons of awards and accolades, zero championships.
As a life long fan of all MN teams I would love to have had more CC like players stay home. As noted in an earlier post some of these players saying she is not a GOAT because she didn’t win a championship played with a lot more McDonald’s All Americans than Clark did in her career. I have never cheered for IO in anything but have mad respect for what she accomplished during her career @ IO.

As a life long fan of all MN teams I would love to have had more CC like players stay home. As noted in an earlier post some of these players saying she is not a GOAT because she didn’t win a championship played with a lot more McDonald’s All Americans than Clark did in her career. I have never cheered for IO in anything but have mad respect for what she accomplished during her career @ IO.
Would be nice if UConn star from same class stayed home....

Would be nice if UConn star from same class stayed home....
Too risky to commit your career to an unknown quantity. It's good she didn't, either. Whalen wouldn't have developed her. Heck, she might've ruined her.

Now, she'll be the #1 pick next year.

I despise the argument people make that a player can't be considered a great player unless they win a championship. Any of the talking heads claiming Clark isn't among the greatest women's college basketball players ever are being petty.

Winning a championship requires more than just a great player. It has way more to do with the supporting cast. Iowa wasn't able to deal with the size of South Carolina, that isn't Clark's fault. 22 more rebounds and 11 more offensive rebounds for South Carolina was the difference in the game.

We've had some great home-grown talent play for the U, started with Lindsay then Rachel took over and now Mara and Amaya are leading the charge.

Caitlin Clark was actually headed to Notre Dame. Her visit didn't go well. Iowa was next in line and stayed the course.

Caitlin Clark was actually headed to Notre Dame. Her visit didn't go well. Iowa was next in line and stayed the course.
True, but she did commit to ND on her visit, which Clark didn’t love. Thought she was doing the right thing to commit to the Catholic blue blood, which her mom loved. But after committing, no social media announcement or public statement. As reported in the long ESPN article, she then committed to Iowa before telling her parents.

I despise the argument people make that a player can't be considered a great player unless they win a championship. Any of the talking heads claiming Clark isn't among the greatest women's college basketball players ever are being petty.

Winning a championship requires more than just a great player. It has way more to do with the supporting cast. Iowa wasn't able to deal with the size of South Carolina, that isn't Clark's fault. 22 more rebounds and 11 more offensive rebounds for South Carolina was the difference in the game.
Quite often I find myself rooting against college teams (men & women) that feature a very tall post player. In many cases these players affect the game only because of their size, not because they are athletes or skilled basketball players. There's not much skill involved when you're 4 to 6 inches taller than everyone else and just shooting layups (or dunks in the men's game). Take Cardosa out of the game and Iowa would have won going away.

Quite often I find myself rooting against college teams (men & women) that feature a very tall post player. In many cases these players affect the game only because of their size, not because they are athletes or skilled basketball players. There's not much skill involved when you're 4 to 6 inches taller than everyone else and just shooting layups (or dunks in the men's game). Take Cardosa out of the game and Iowa would have won going away.
We get to see the men's equivalent tonight with Edey although UCONN does have a skilled 7'0" who should be able to matchup well with him.

South Carolina is a very talented team, but guessing they won a lot of their games by simply being bigger than their opponents. Don't follow the women's game all that close but easy to see how a tall player with any skill at all (Cardosa, Reece....) would be a massive advantage over most teams.

Any info on how her visit didn't go well? Thanks

True, but she did commit to ND on her visit, which Clark didn’t love. Thought she was doing the right thing to commit to the Catholic blue blood, which her mom loved. But after committing, no social media announcement or public statement. As reported in the long ESPN article, she then committed to Iowa before telling her parents.

See BigTenGuy's response. I just read her visit didn't go well, it didn't seal a deal.

Lynx will get Edwards or Reese. Hopefully, Edwards. If Edwards is gone, I wouldn't be surprised if Reaves drafts Mühl.

Reaves likes UCONN players, she has complained about needing more help at PG, and she loves hard-nosed, defensive players.
A lot of the so-called experts have Minnesota taking Puoch, from Australia, if Edwards is not available. She is 6’2” and can handle the ball and herself pretty well. I like her a lot more than anybody else available, and I definitely do not want Reese! We don’t need her attitude problems.

Any info on how her visit didn't go well? Thanks
All I've read is that she wanted to love ND (Catholic family & high school, family loved ND), but just didn't feel that way.

I've also seen it speculated that Muffet McGraw would not have retired from ND at the end of 2019-20 season if she knew Clark was coming in the fall. Others have speculated wildly that Clark was concerned that McGraw would not be there to finish Clark's career. Turns out, she wasn't even coaching during Clark's freshman year.

Last edited:

Top Bottom