NC State claims Russell Wilson

scher215

Reaction score
Billboard up in North Carolina lol tweet from Gregg Doyel

NC State fans stake claim to Russell Wilson, troll Wisconsin and UNC (!) on same billboard - https://t.co/35lMShJyNj via @DanBParksJr

I liked the Comments section. Someone asked, "Couldn't you spell his name with 9 L's?"

Billboard up in North Carolina lol tweet from Gregg Doyel

NC State fans stake claim to Russell Wilson, troll Wisconsin and UNC (!) on same billboard - https://t.co/35lMShJyNj via @DanBParksJr

I love the backward s in Wisconsin. Especially considering the way the Wisconsin sponsored board spelled Russell. "Hey Wizconsin...":clap:

At least he attended a class at NCSU, something he did not do at Badger State. Cracks me up that in the TV ads he claims Wi$con$in as his "college".

Why would you want to claim someone who bailed on your program and fan base?

Does anyone know the story behind Russell's transfer?

Does anyone know the story behind Russell's transfer?

He wanted to play baseball, and the coach thought he needed to fully commit to the football team. He had Mike Glennon as a highly-recruited backup and didn't want to lose him to transfer, so he gave Russell an ultimatum about not playing baseball, and basically forced him out. He had graduated and was free to transfer and play right away, which he did at UW. That's the short version.

Here's a slightly longer version.

He wanted to play baseball, and the coach thought he needed to fully commit to the football team. He had Mike Glennon as a highly-recruited backup and didn't want to lose him to transfer, so he gave Russell an ultimatum about not playing baseball, and basically forced him out. He had graduated and was free to transfer and play right away, which he did at UW. That's the short version.

Here's a slightly longer version.

Does anyone see the irony of a baseball wannabe going to WI even it it is to play with the oblong ball?

Top Bottom