NBADraft.net has Trevor on "returning to college" list

Notice how Ralph isn't even on this list of players who are considered borderline to enter the draft or stay in college (Yes, I realize this is just one person's opinion and not a definitive list).

Ralph may have the skill but when he disappears on the offensive end for long periods of time in the college game theres not chance he will be able to succeed in the NBA. If he wants to play in the NBA, his game is going to have to become significantly more assertive.

Noticed that it appears Darius Morris is for sure testing the waters. Interesting, I did not know that (he was considering the NBA that seriously).

Notice how Ralph isn't even on this list of players who are considered borderline to enter the draft or stay in college (Yes, I realize this is just one person's opinion and not a definitive list).

Ralph may have the skill but when he disappears on the offensive end for long periods of time in the college game theres not chance he will be able to succeed in the NBA. If he wants to play in the NBA, his game is going to have to become significantly more assertive.

I still shake my head at the notion that Ralph Sampson and his father think he is ready for the NBA. Unbelievable. :(

Yeah. I've been wondering a lot about which way Trevor's leaning, and particularly in light of Iverson's decision to transfer and if Trevor's status might have played a role in that, as in maybe Colton got an inkling or has reason to believe that Trevor will be back next year, and thus his decision to transfer?

That is nothing but pure speculation on my part, but it would fit. If Mbakwe and Sampson are back, then most likely Colton would have no bigger a role on this team next season than he did this season, and he may even have a lesser role assuming that Mo Walker comes back healthy and is ready to play, and Elliott Eliason also may play a role in what would be a very crowded (in a good way) front-court situation for the team next season if everyone comes back.

And Colt may have taken a look at that and said, "Ya know what? The heck with this. I'd like to go somewhere where I can have an opportunity to play.", and I wouldn't blame him one bit if that was his motivation for transferring.

Again, total speculation, but it's really got me wondering. I really hope for selfish reasons that Trevor comes back, because I believe he makes us a much more formidable team if the other pieces are in place- and for his own sake, I really think he could benefit from another year playing college ball. After being away from the game for two whole years, he took a huge leap forward this season, and if he continues working on his game and improving it in every aspect as he did this past season, then next year could be a HUGE year for him (and for us) and he could really start to put himself on some people's radar screens so far as his potential NBA status goes.

Yeah. I've been wondering a lot about which way Trevor's leaning, and particularly in light of Iverson's decision to transfer and if Trevor's status might have played a role in that, as in maybe Colton got an inkling or has reason to believe that Trevor will be back next year, and thus his decision to transfer?

That is nothing but pure speculation on my part, but it would fit. If Mbakwe and Sampson are back, then most likely Colton would have no bigger a role on this team next season than he did this season, and he may even have a lesser role assuming that Mo Walker comes back healthy and is ready to play, and Elliott Eliason also may play a role in what would be a very crowded (in a good way) front-court situation for the team next season if everyone comes back.

And Colt may have taken a look at that and said, "Ya know what? The heck with this. I'd like to go somewhere where I can have an opportunity to play.", and I wouldn't blame him one bit if that was his motivation for transferring.

Again, total speculation, but it's really got me wondering. I really hope for selfish reasons that Trevor comes back, because I believe he makes us a much more formidable team if the other pieces are in place- and for his own sake, I really think he could benefit from another year playing college ball. After being away from the game for two whole years, he took a huge leap forward this season, and if he continues working on his game and improving it in every aspect as he did this past season, then next year could be a HUGE year for him (and for us) and he could really start to put himself on some people's radar screens so far as his potential NBA status goes.

I agree with this completely. Makes the most sense to me at least.

I agree with this completely. Makes the most sense to me at least.

Yeah. I started wondering about that the second I heard that Colton was transferring. I mean intuitively it just makes sense. *If* Trevor were going, then Colton's minutes and role on this team would have expanded greatly next season almost by default, as one of only two seniors on a team laden with underclassmen and very inexperienced big men. He'd have gotten his playing time, and finally out of the shadows of Mbawke and finally out of the role of understudy, that would be his great opportunity to seize that moment in the sun and make something happen with it. So given that possibility, why would he decide to go, unless maybe he has reason to believe that Trevor might be back? :confused:

That might be totally off-base and maybe he has other reasons entirely for wanting to go, but it's sure got the wheels spinning in my head. :) If I were in his very large shoes and presented with the same situation, I'd want to come back next year and get that B10 playing time coming to me if I thought that Trevor was leaving for the NBA or Europe.

Noticed that it appears Darius Morris is for sure testing the waters. Interesting, I did not know that (he was considering the NBA that seriously).

Nor did I. He's definitely going to need to develop a better outside jumpshot, or pass the ball for that matter, if he's going to do anything at the next level.

Top Bottom