National Championships: Smith-1 Calipari-0

How did Tubby do it any way? He didn't build that team.

How did Tubby do it any way? He didn't build that team.

well, he sure coached his players far better than Calipari did his tonight. Though I am referring to cal's history of below the table activity.

get this,
Four first round picks(three lottery picks), a supporting cast of 4-stars,

Did Tubby have that?

Who would most say runs a cleaner program?

AND Do you think Tubby would have let the #1 pick in the draft allow a left-handed point guard to go to his left the entire night?

No one has played the NCAA loopholes better than Calipari. I'm glad to see tonight that behavior wasn't rewarded.

Four first round picks(three lottery picks), a supporting cast of 4-stars,

Did Tubby have that?

He had four first rounders, but no lottery picks. What Tubby did have was seven players that played in the previous year's championship game and five players that played in two prior championship games.

Plinnius...He still had to coach them up to win with them.

Who cares, they are still wins, when it comes down to it Cal can get quality player to come to his school. If Tubby could do that, think of how much better we would be.

Who cares, they are still wins, when it comes down to it Cal can get quality player to come to his school. If Tubby could do that, think of how much better we would be.

In fact, they are NOT still wins. The U of M knows that feeling very well.

Calipari has left a wake of scandal and sanctions behind him like some lucky frog, leaping to the next lily pad. He's made life hard for two different universities.

I'm sure in many ways he's a good man, I just don't like how he conducts himself as a recruiter/coach.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't only two of Cal's seasons deemed to be "cheated"?

Obviously, two is two too many, but it's getting really old with how much people rip on him as though he's done nothing without cheating. He's obviously a good coach, and an even better salesman if he can still get people to come to his schools. Frankly, it's like people hating Duke. It smells of jealousy to some degree.

And now, I am ready to be ripped into for saying that.

He had four first rounders, but no lottery picks. What Tubby did have was seven players that played in the previous year's championship game and five players that played in two prior championship games.

WRONG. Jeff shepherd was made to redshirt in 97 and the rest of the 98 team that won the championship warmed the bench while the 97 team lost the championship. Thats coaching to take the scraps from a runner up and win one.

People don't just hate him because he's cheated. He's a complete dbag. Have you heard him talk? People hating him has nothing to do with whether or not they think he's a great coach/recruiter.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't only two of Cal's seasons deemed to be "cheated"?

Obviously, two is two too many, but it's getting really old with how much people rip on him as though he's done nothing without cheating. He's obviously a good coach, and an even better salesman if he can still get people to come to his schools. Frankly, it's like people hating Duke. It smells of jealousy to some degree.

And now, I am ready to be ripped into for saying that.

To be honest, I personally find his press conferences to be much more interesting and refreshing than most coaches. Cal's analysis of his own team is awesome, honest, and yes, arrogant (which is why I imagine many dislike him).

People don't just hate him because he's cheated. He's a complete dbag. Have you heard him talk? People hating him has nothing to do with whether or not they think he's a great coach/recruiter.

Very true. Do you remember a few years ago Temple's coach wanted to kill him in the press conference? That was not funny.

Let's count.

Sheppard and Evans redshirted in 1997. The 4 frosh recruits played HS ball in 1997. Steve Masiello did NOT play in 1997 NC game. UK had 13 on its 1998 roster. 13 minus 7 equals 6 (not 7) who played in 1997.

Padgett was not on UK team in 1996. Magloire played HS ball in 1996 (as did Masiello). Mills did NOT play in 1996 NC game. Nazr Mohammed did NOT play in 96 NC either. Evans was not at UK in 1996.

Only Turner, Edwards, and Sheppard (3, not 5) played in 96 NC game. Only Turner and Edwards (2, not 5) played in both 96 and 97 NC games.

Oh. Hmmm.

Top Bottom