Nate Mason named McNamara Academic Center Student of the Month

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the U:

Student-Athlete of the Month

Each month, the McNamara Academic Center for Student-Athletes (MAC) will recognize one male and one female University of Minnesota student-athlete for their academic achievements. The winners are determined by a number of factors evaluated on a monthly basis. Including, but not limited to outstanding test/exam results, GPA improvements, superior modeling in study habits and skills, academic praise from instructors, and overall grade reports for a given semester.

Nate Mason, a junior guard on the men's basketball team, is the male student athlete of the month. Nate came to Minnesota from Decatur, GA and is pursuing a degree in Business, Marketing & Education. MAC Academic Counselor, Brandon Morris says, "Throughout the spring Nate displayed a commitment and dedication toward his studies that obviously culminated into a successful semester, making him fully deserving of student-athlete of the month."

http://mac.umn.edu/sa_of_the_month.html

Go Gophers!!

I can't wait to see the Souhan article on this...

Pitino needs to quit recruiting such low-character players. /s

Why does good news always make me nervous?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is Ganglehoff back?

Too soon?

Congratulations to Nate...well done! Great publicity for the mens BB team.

Congratulations to Nate...well done! Great publicity for the mens BB team.

I hope that Nate gets labeled "Nate The Great" after he is done with hoops and earns his degree from Minnesota.

I hope that Nate gets labeled "Nate The Great" after he is done with hoops and earns his degree from Minnesota.
15d8343303a7ed47a9b64de371da490d.jpg

I'm hoping that, 5 years from now, we'll be seeing 8 paragraph diatribes from wren about how MASON led his gophers to many Big TEN wins.

I hope somebody got a cell phone video of this.

this program needs all of the good news it can find. Ideally, the program can get to a point where news this this is commonplace - not standing out in contrast to all of the negative publicity.

Whether that happens under Pitino or not remains to be determined.

But, I will add this - Pitino is under the gun, and he'd better understand that he cannot afford to recruit any more problems. Yes, he needs players who can play - but he absolutely needs players who will stay out of trouble and be good students.

Pitino needs to win as embarrassing as some incidents have been nobody cares about gas tanks rental cars sexy takes and a he said she said dispute when you're winning. When you're losing those issues become a sex scandal fraud and your players labeled as rapist before even charged

this program needs all of the good news it can find. Ideally, the program can get to a point where news this this is commonplace - not standing out in contrast to all of the negative publicity. Whether that happens under Pitino or not remains to be determined. But, I will add this - Pitino is under the gun, and he'd better understand that he cannot afford to recruit any more problems. Yes, he needs players who can play - but he absolutely needs players who will stay out of trouble and be good students.

And what is the criteria in knowing for certain a player will stay out of trouble and be good students? People say recruit smart kids...Mason was a Valedictorian. People say recruit good, local kids...Lynch is from Edina and never was in trouble before. And I'm pretty sure Pitino has known from day 1 that it's a plus to have kids who stay out of trouble.

Top Bottom