Nate Goodwin looking at South Florida

Golden22

Reaction score
According to ESPN Nate Goodwin is looking at South Florida, but is still committed to Gophers for the moment.

According to ESPN Nate Goodwin is looking at South Florida, but is still committed to Gophers for the moment.

This news is unfortunate on a number of different fronts... if he does decommit, the ramifications are felt far and wide...including the notion that it takes the Gophers out of the Top 100 in the nation in recruiting rankings, per Scout's "average star rating.".....from 2.00 to 1.93......

USF's new coach Willie Taggert is a young coach on the rise with strong recruiting ties in Florida.

Damien Wilson was also talking with Southern Miss.....

THE SKY IS FALLING

What the heck does it matter? The world is ending Friday! There, focus on that!

By chance, if we are all here in February, I can just about promise those 14 names will not be there in entirety
on signing day. Chill out.

We will know on Damien Wilson on Wednesday which is the start of the JUCO signing period. I'm not worried about Coach Kill keeping most of the commitments. I do expect that a lot of our commitments will have late offers especially from schools that are undergoing coaching changes. I also expect that our coaches will be contacting recruits, that we are interested in, that have committed to coaches that are no longer at the school they're committed to. It's all part of the recruiting game.

if these kids start looking at other schools once they commit, maybe Kill should teach them a lesson and pull the offer

if these kids start looking at other schools once they commit, maybe Kill should teach them a lesson and pull the offer

Considering he continues to recruit kids who are committed elsewhere, that would be pretty hypocritical.

I'm not worried about Wilson. He's going to C.C. down there, why not take a peek? I don't think he'd pass up an opportunity to start in the big10.

This news is unfortunate on a number of different fronts... if he does decommit, the ramifications are felt far and wide...including the notion that it takes the Gophers out of the Top 100 in the nation in recruiting rankings, per Scout's "average star rating.".....from 2.00 to 1.93......

Take a hike back to Badgerville troll. I would think you would be concerned that Becky can't find a head coach.

What the heck does it matter? The world is ending Friday! There, focus on that!

By chance, if we are all here in February, I can just about promise those 14 names will not be there in entirety
on signing day. Chill out.

No one's losing any sleep, we're just posting Gopher football information on a Gopher football message board. Is that ok with you? Or do you have a list of acceptable Gopher-related topics we can post on?

Considering he continues to recruit kids who are committed elsewhere, that would be pretty hypocritical.

Most coaches know the deal. Commitments mean virtually nothing. Kill always says, you're recruiting the committed guys almost as much as other prospects, if not more so you don't lose their attention. If a committed kid goes out and says "Hey, keep recruiting me", then I have no problems with Kill bringing them in for visits, etc...

Most coaches know the deal. Commitments mean virtually nothing. Kill always says, you're recruiting the committed guys almost as much as other prospects, if not more so you don't lose their attention. If a committed kid goes out and says "Hey, keep recruiting me", then I have no problems with Kill bringing them in for visits, etc...

Neither do I. I was just pointing out the hypocrisy in pulling the offer from a kid for looking around when you are encouraging others to do the same.

No one's losing any sleep, we're just posting Gopher football information on a Gopher football message board. Is that ok with you? Or do you have a list of acceptable Gopher-related topics we can post on?

I appreciate and understand your point but there are some people here who do act like "chicken little" when things happen. I do think most people try to keep things in perspective but, anyway, after Friday we don't need to worry about it anymore.

Neither do I. I was just pointing out the hypocrisy in pulling the offer from a kid for looking around when you are encouraging others to do the same.

Oh, I was agreeing with you, just backing up your quote a little bit lol

This is exactly why we're going to over sign this year. This happens every year yet people still panic.

Taggert has jumped in deep hole, he may be good enough to dig out, we'll see.

shoot-self-in-foot2.jpg

Top Bottom