Nancy Pelosi...

Section2

Reaction score
Why are you directing this at me? San Francisco has one party rule (unless you consider commies and Dems two distinct parties in SF). Of course it’s a mess. But my point was that housing in SF is not the main cause of the homeless problem.

jamiche

Reaction score
Why are you directing this at me? San Francisco has one party rule (unless you consider commies and Dems two distinct parties in SF). Of course it’s a mess. But my point was that housing in SF is not the main cause of the homeless problem.
Actually, it is, Melvin. There's an old monastery (can't remember the name) that has been transformed into a museum in SF. The top of the bell tower offers a beautiful panoramic view of the city. In ten seconds you will see the answer to SF's housing and homeless problems. Zoning laws don't permit vertical construction. There is almost no residential high rise construction in the city. It's an incredibly inefficient use of land. Must be antifa.

Section2

Reaction score
Actually, it is, Melvin. There's an old monastery (can't remember the name) that has been transformed into a museum in SF. The top of the bell tower offers a beautiful panoramic view of the city. In ten seconds you will see the answer to SF's housing and homeless problems. Zoning laws don't permit vertical construction. There is almost no residential high rise construction in the city. It's an incredibly inefficient use of land. Must be antifa.
I am well aware of SFs zoning laws, designed to protect the views of its rich inhabitants. So? That’s not why they have a homeless problem.

stocker08

Reaction score
San Francisco has a homeless problem because it is a beautiful place with good weather year round.

Section2

Reaction score
San Francisco has a homeless problem because it is a beautiful place with good weather year round.
so according to you, homeless people flock to SF because of the weather? That’s probably closer to reality than zoning laws. Cost of living in SF is incredibly high, but the normal reaction to that is to live someplace else, not become homeless and poop In the street.

stocker08

Reaction score
so according to you, homeless people flock to SF because of the weather? That’s probably closer to reality than zoning laws. Cost of living in SF is incredibly high, but the normal reaction to that is to live someplace else, not become homeless and poop In the street.

People aren't stuck in San Francisco. If you live near the coast and get priced out of your housing....you have many options. Those aren't the people living on the streets. It's homeless people from around the country that would prefer to be homeless in a place like California than anywhere else.

jamiche

Reaction score
I am well aware of SFs zoning laws, designed to protect the views of its rich inhabitants. So? That’s not why they have a homeless problem.
Misguided or not, it might have something to do with earthquakes, melvy.

jamiche

Reaction score
So homeless people are super mobile, melvy?

Section2

Reaction score
Engineers are able to build tall buildings in earthquake zones.
Tokyo recently had an 8.9 quake. Ever seen a picture of Tokyo? Try not to embarrass yourself further.

justthefacts

Reaction score
o6Ps1YN.jpg

Section2

Reaction score
o6Ps1YN.jpg

That same link can be found between homelessness and Democrat run cities.

I Don’t have research from Zillow, but everything I’ve read lists substance abuse and mental illness as the primary causes of homelessness.

you’re listing another big government problem for sure. But it’s a big government problem in search of a big government solution: subsidized affordable housing. That’s a big no from me.

justthefacts

Reaction score
That same link can be found between homelessness and Democrat run cities.

I Don’t have research from Zillow, but everything I’ve read lists substance abuse and mental illness as the primary causes of homelessness.

you’re listing another big government problem for sure. But it’s a big government problem in search of a big government solution: subsidized affordable housing. That’s a big no from me.
Perhaps you should reread the conclusion of the NBER paper as discussed in the tweet at the top of this page.

Section2

Reaction score
Perhaps you should reread the conclusion of the NBER paper as discussed in the tweet at the top of this page.
So? Are you really so naive as to how progressive policy comes to be? If so, you might be in for a big wake up call in your lifetime.

LesBolstad

Reaction score
Is Pelosi incredibly stupid or just plain evil?

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
So homeless people are super mobile, melvy?
Well, yeah, they are fairly mobile. Only around 65% of the homeless people in San Francisco were born in San Fran. That number is considerably lower than poor people who are not homeless. Additionally, both San Fran and New York admitted to giving people bus tickets to relocate (mostly to Texas). Hawaii threatened to start arresting homeless people arriving on one-way tickets during COVID. As far as poor people go, they are probably the most mobile.

It's pretty clear, to me, that homelessness is a mental health problem. The majority of homeless people I encounter (and I live in Austin) are not well. I don't think it's an economic issue for the majority of them, the majority of them are not well. I really don't know what the answer is, but I don't think being able to rent an apartment for $1,200 instead of $2,400 is going to fix their issue. If that would fix the issue, you could easily take a bus from Austin to suburbs and rent is fairly cheap. Problem solved!

balds

Reaction score
Pelosi invested $20 million in securities last year. Her 1 year return (stocks and options) was 55%

Her husband made 5.3 million on Google call options, when Google soared after fears of harsh anti-trust measures were lightened by the government.

Wally

Reaction score
Pelosi invested $20 million in securities last year. Her 1 year return (stocks and options) was 55%

Her husband made 5.3 million on Google call options, when Google soared after fears of harsh anti-trust measures were lightened by the government.

Yea lets go China on the tech sector.

China’s tech tycoons lose $87bn of wealth after Beijing crackdown​

Top Bottom