Nancy Pelosi...

tikited

Me
Reaction score
Giving them treatment will also not magically make them WANT help. You can't give people things to change their lot/situation. It needs to come from within. I obviously think homelessness sounds awful, for all the reasons MPLS described. But thinking that no one would WANT to be homeless is very different than thinking no one would fail to do whatever it took to escape it. And unfortunately that's wrong.
I would hope that by offering help many would accept it and that is a positive. Some won't but the benefit of some changing their lives would impact society overall in a positive way. MPLS and I both agree that something needs to be done (we differ on how). Doing nothing increases the problem and it is a huge problem.

Section2

Reaction score
I would hope that by offering help many would accept it and that is a positive. Some won't but the benefit of some changing their lives would impact society overall in a positive way. MPLS and I both agree that something needs to be done (we differ on how). Doing nothing increases the problem and it is a huge problem.
government is the cause of, and not the solution to, the problem. I posted a Bush era program on solving the homelessness problem in SF, that Bush hoped would be a national model (he's basically a progressive). It attempted to do exactly what you suggest. Your intentions are good. It sound good. It seems like it should work and is common sense. It does not.

ROCK

Banned
Reaction score
We should try though.
The government will continue to fail at it. The churches should be the solution but they want to get their hands dirty. Phony Christian faith dominates the church scene.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Nancy...total class. Using “morbidly obese” people to mock Trump. Unprompted. Unprovoked. Uncalled for.

Yes, Dems are sooo worried about civility in politics. Dems would never use health compromised people to make fun of someone. They’re too woke for that. I guess not.

I thought sure she was ”praying for the President” everyday.

Can we stop pretending that Trump is the only political party leader that uses incivility?
Can we stop pretending that Nancy prays for Trump?

Frankly, I thought Trump’s response was reserved.

And the predictable response from the MSM and the left will be “he can dish it out, but he can’t take it” or Trump started it, thus justifying anything the left does for eternity.

No lefty here will call her on it except a couple of the ones that don’t suffer from TDS. It will be justified by others. Hypocrites!

Goldteam

Banned
Reaction score
Nancy...total class. Using “morbidly obese” people to mock Trump. Unprompted. Unprovoked. Uncalled for.

Yes, Dems are sooo worried about civility in politics. Dems would never use health compromised people to make fun of someone. They’re too woke for that. I guess not.

Can we stop pretending that Trump is the only political party leader that uses incivility?

And the predictable response from the MSM and the left will be “he can dish it out, but he can’t take it” or Trump started it, thus justifying anything the left does for eternity.

No lefty here will call her on it except a couple of the ones that don’t suffer from TDS. It will be justified by others. Hypocrites!

I give Pelosi a break. She shakes, has the dear in headlights look, and is insane. She really can't help what she tries to say!

The praying for the president did have me on the floor laughing.

stocker08

Reaction score

Nobody could ever stoop to the low level of non-class that Trump has shown. Repeatedly. Over and over.

howeda7

Reaction score

Trump is the biggest name-calling bully we've ever seen in politics. Another fainting couch for you. You are officially this boards biggest hypocrite.

Reactions: MRJ

RememberMurray

Reaction score
Pelosi knows exactly how to needle him, and get under his oh-so-thin skin.

She casually tosses off the 'morbidly obese' jab, and then when he (predictably) screams in outrage, she has the clever riposte all ready to go.

"I didn't know that he would be so sensitive. He's always talking about other people's ... weight, their pounds," Pelosi said during an interview Tuesday with MSNBC's Nicolle Wallace.

Set him up; knock him down.

jamiche

Reaction score
I give Pelosi a break. She shakes, has the dear in headlights look, and is insane. She really can't help what she tries to say!

The praying for the president did have me on the floor laughing.
And she cleans his clock every time they do business legislatively. She owns him.

jamiche

Reaction score

Our murderer is simply outraged by such incivility!

jamiche

Reaction score
The government will continue to fail at it. The churches should be the solution but they want to get their hands dirty. Phony Christian faith dominates the church scene.
Maybe you should open a charter school to teach people the right way to do religion, charter school. Oops.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
Trump is morbidly obese. And Nancy is a mixed bag in a lot of ways, but one thing to her credit: she's kept herself in good physical condition. That's a virtue.

Section2

Reaction score
Trump is morbidly obese. And Nancy is a mixed bag in a lot of ways, but one thing to her credit: she's kept herself in good physical condition. That's a virtue.
sounds an awful lot like fat shaming to me. No one can control their physical condition, and there's absolutely no evidence that being fat is unhealthy.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Trump's BMI is probably 40+ .... but it's because he has so much muscle!

MplsGopher

Reaction score
sounds an awful lot like fat shaming to me. No one can control their physical condition, and there's absolutely no evidence that being fat is unhealthy.
Morbidly obese is a medical condition, correlating with cardiovascular disease.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Man, did I call that right or what? Stocker, howie, jam jam with Murray and Bad to help justify.

It’s all good when it’s Nancy “prayerfully” ripping Trump, but when Trump rips Dems...”look at that idiot!”

Hypocrites.

Reactions: SDR

jamiche

Reaction score
Nancy showed concern for the president, though I think she has no worries as two physicians have proclaimed him the healthiest president in American history.

jamiche

Reaction score
Man, did I call that right or what? Stocker, howie, jam jam with Murray and Bad to help justify.

It’s all good when it’s Nancy “prayerfully” ripping Trump, but when Trump rips Dems...”look at that idiot!”

Hypocrites.
He's not an idiot, murderer. He just doesn't know anything. He's brilliant at conning (63M) fools and using repetition to break down the easily susceptible. He's also brilliant at recognizing that he can quench the media's (all of media) thirst for profit. He's a horrible human being who is bludgeoning the country with his ignorance and malevolence. He's protected by the 53 senators who represent a minority of the population and who care more about clinging to power than their loyalty to the country.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
It sure would be nice to have leaders that don't act like children all the time.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
It sure would be nice to have leaders that don't act like children all the time.
Agreed. But the adult way of conducting politics isn’t that much better. Lying, distorting, labeling, conspiring against political opponents may appear more grown up, but it isn’t ethically any better.

Politics has always been dirty. Now it’s dirty and less mature. But that goes for both sides.

Livingat45north

Reaction score
And she cleans his clock every time they do business legislatively. She owns him.
You've got a point there. She's completely shut down the House during this COVID crisis. After both parties worked to get agreement on the first COVID bill, she flew in from CA (does she still have a gov't funded private plan?) to keep it from getting passed so she could get funding into the bill for the elite 1% that fund her campaigns (e.g., millions to refurbish the Kennedy Center). The Senate has been in session for weeks. House Democrats on the other hand have shown up for work only two days in the past eight weeks. Most recently, they flew into town for a single day to pass a far-left wish list that even many Dems voted against passage (they couldn't agree to Pelosi's demand for huge tax cuts for her 1% elite rich).

LakevilleBro

Reaction score
50 years from now, people will only remember Pelosi as the lady who ripped up the President's SOTU speech.

Just Gopher It!!

Reaction score

At least she didn't call him "Lard Ass."

Top Bottom