Name the guy Brew's tenure most resembles

Rosemountian

Reaction score
I am gonna have to go with Sylvester Croom. I know he was an O-coordinator, but being the O-coordinator for Detroit hardly qualifies as coordinating experience.

Neville Chamberlain?

Gonna go with ex-Lions coach, Rod Marinelli.

No head coaching experience, a coordinator only (even in High School). Started out with a lot of fire and enthusiasm, had a rough first season (3-13). Got the team off to a 6-2 start in year 2 (much like Brew's 2nd year), only to collapse finishing with a 7-9 record. Year 3 - an unmitigated disaster at 0 and 16.

Jim Wacker

never ending optiimism followed by never ending futility

Have to agree on Jim Wacker...like Brewster was a nice guy but just was not the right head coach to be in the Big Ten.

I agree with Wacker. Lots of sizzle, no steak.

Politically, Sarah Palin. Got promoted to a position he didn't deserve, speaks too much about things he doesn't understand and is not ready for the big stage.

I agree with Wacker. Lots of sizzle, no steak.

Politically, Sarah Palin. Got promoted to a position he didn't deserve, speaks too much about things he doesn't understand and is not ready for the big stage.

Hard to disagree with much here.

Like Wacker, I think Brewster is a genuine guy who is just a notch or two above--at least at this juncture of his career--where he should be. You can't will yourself to victory at this level.

Gerry Faust (Notre Dame). And that's being pretty generous to Brew.

Macbeth

Brewster's press conference utterances bring this passage to mind:

"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

Ed Orgeron. He can recruit, he just can't coach

Top Bottom