N.I.T.

akgopher

Reaction score
It hurts really bad. Guess it's up to the Winter Olympics to get to March.

They should refuse any post-season invitation and get this fiasco of a season over and done. I'm probably over-reacting, but tonights game was pathetic.

NIT?

Based on this performance alone, let's hope the Gophers don't qualify for the NIT. Tubby's system of recruiting athletes will not work in Minnesota because there are not that many athletes available in this state or surrounding area for him needed to implement his system of not running a set offense and just letting the athletes run up and down the court willy nilly without any rhyme or reason to what they are attempting to do. Certainly, an ugly display of basketball; little or no defense and obviously no offense. We just witnessed our future as long as Tubby is here.

Don't worry. I'm sure someone will come up with a formula that will get us to the NCAA tourney at some point this week.

Tubby's system of recruiting athletes will not work in Minnesota because there are not that many athletes available in this state or surrounding area for him needed to implement his system of not running a set offense and just letting the athletes run up and down the court willy nilly without any rhyme or reason to what they are attempting to do.

My god...you write like my toddler talks.

Last year's NCAA banner still not in the rafters

"Do the Gophs still hang up NIT banners in the barn?"

We still haven't hung up last year's NCAA banner.

Not that I'm complaining. I think there should be one banner listing all the NCAA appearances, with separate banners only for Big 10 (regular season or BTT) championships and Final Four appearances.

Based on this performance alone, let's hope the Gophers don't qualify for the NIT. Tubby's system of recruiting athletes will not work in Minnesota because there are not that many athletes available in this state or surrounding area for him needed to implement his system of not running a set offense and just letting the athletes run up and down the court willy nilly without any rhyme or reason to what they are attempting to do. Certainly, an ugly display of basketball; little or no defense and obviously no offense. We just witnessed our future as long as Tubby is here.

Funny, he made 14 straight NCAA appearances prior to coming to Minnesota. Players and recruits from over the USA on those teams.

Funny, he made 14 straight NCAA appearances prior to coming to Minnesota. Players and recruits from over the USA on those teams.

I like Coach Smith, obviously not as much as you, but he's not getting it done here at the moment. He took a team to the tournament led by Monson recruits and the bottom line is, he's gotten little out of his guys with the exception of RSIII. Not good enough for the highest paid public servant in the state. He needs to do better. He deserves the heat.

He signed a good chunk of the roster and made the calls to take a roll of the dice on the high risk/high reward Royce White, well documented issues in HS, and Trevor Mbwake 3 high schools in 3 years and on his 3rd college in 3 years. He's also made mistakes on the local front with how he's handled the messages with Chad Calcaterra and Joe Coleman.

Top Bottom