Myron has interesting comment about Trevor during chat

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Someone asked if Myron thinks Trevor's trial will start next month. Myron's response:

"Nope. I expect to hear news about Trevor's case soon. That's all I will say."

Go Gophers!!

That would seem to indicate good news for Trevor -- that is, the case will be dimissed (based on what he's hearing). However, we heard that a month or two ago, too.

"Nope. I expect to hear news about Trevor's case soon. That's all I will say."

I saw that too. Trevor's docket thing changed a bit today and there's even a link for Mbakwe to pay. I have no idea what these mean but if someone does - what do they mean?

Assessment Amount: $0.00 Balance Due: $0.00 Stay Due Date:

All Trevor has to do when this is all dropped is file a big dollar civil suit. I seem to remember the Duke University LaCrosse team having some kind of similar problem?

He may be taking an anger management assessment. That's just a guess, but before I dismiss a charge which i don't believe I can prove, I may ask the defendant to take and assessment and comply with it's recommendations. Most often it's in sexual assault cases, where I have the defendant take a sex deviancy exam/assessment to make sure he's not a predator.

He may be taking an anger management assessment. That's just a guess, but before I dismiss a charge which i don't believe I can prove, I may ask the defendant to take and assessment and comply with it's recommendations. Most often it's in sexual assault cases, where I have the defendant take a sex deviancy exam/assessment to make sure he's not a predator.

Another possibility - though unlikely - is a plea bargain deal.

Some other tid-bits from the chat:

On rumors of players not enjoying playing for Tubby and possible transfers:

"I don't know about the first part. But there are rumors out there that some players are thinking about transferring after this season. Like I said, I think there's a disconnect between coach/some players."

On RS3's baseline drive and dunk:

"I watched that play like 15 times on DVR!!!! I was shocked. That play had "NBA" written all over it. In one burst, Sampson showed the world how talented he really is. Now, if he can put those skills together on a consistent basis, he will change the framework of the program."

On Cory Joseph:

"Cory Joseph hasn't signed. He might sign. Big difference. Just ask the guy who thought he won the lottery until he realized he missed the final number. And I never said Tubby's system fails to produce stars. Hello. I follow the NBA and I know all of the former Kentucky guys who are collecting NBA paychecks. I did say, however, that UCONN, Villanova ... two other schools Joseph is considering ... feature better systems for what Joseph wants to do ... penetrate, become a playmaker..."

On the Gophers getting favorable foul calls:

"For whatever reason ... the Gophers don't get calls. Not at home. Not on the road. It's bizarre. You'd think officials would give Tubby more respect, but it rarely happens. I think officials are quick to blow the whistle because of Minnesota's defensive pressure. Colton fouls so hard that it's nearly impossible to miss it. He has to learn the art of "I just fouled you, but only you and I know it." Offensive fouls are all about body control."

Go Gophers!!

Dr. Don,

The Duke case was an absolutely monstrous example of prosecutorial misconduct. I haven't seen anything to indicate the same level of misconduct by the Miami DNA.

Some other tid-bits from the chat:

On rumors of players not enjoying playing for Tubby and possible transfers:

"I don't know about the first part. But there are rumors out there that some players are thinking about transferring after this season. Like I said, I think there's a disconnect between coach/some players."

On RS3's baseline drive and dunk:

"I watched that play like 15 times on DVR!!!! I was shocked. That play had "NBA" written all over it. In one burst, Sampson showed the world how talented he really is. Now, if he can put those skills together on a consistent basis, he will change the framework of the program."

On Cory Joseph:

"Cory Joseph hasn't signed. He might sign. Big difference. Just ask the guy who thought he won the lottery until he realized he missed the final number. And I never said Tubby's system fails to produce stars. Hello. I follow the NBA and I know all of the former Kentucky guys who are collecting NBA paychecks. I did say, however, that UCONN, Villanova ... two other schools Joseph is considering ... feature better systems for what Joseph wants to do ... penetrate, become a playmaker..."

On the Gophers getting favorable foul calls:

"For whatever reason ... the Gophers don't get calls. Not at home. Not on the road. It's bizarre. You'd think officials would give Tubby more respect, but it rarely happens. I think officials are quick to blow the whistle because of Minnesota's defensive pressure. Colton fouls so hard that it's nearly impossible to miss it. He has to learn the art of "I just fouled you, but only you and I know it." Offensive fouls are all about body control."

Go Gophers!!

Favorable Calls? Ask Northwestern about that one. Honestly, I think the Gophers have gotten fair treatment over the season. Certainly, there's the Indiana game where calls hurt. On the other hand we benefited in the NW game. Lets not blame losses on refs, ok Myron.

Favorable Calls? Ask Northwestern about that one. Honestly, I think the Gophers have gotten fair treatment over the season. Certainly, there's the Indiana game where calls hurt. On the other hand we benefited in the NW game. Lets not blame losses on refs, ok Myron.

The Gophers get the normal Big 10 home cooking when they're playing Iowa, Northwestern, Penn State, etc. so it's not that they never get calls. But the home cooking seems to fall away when we're playing MSU, Bucky, Indiana, etc. Likewise, on the road we have to deal with normal home cooking everywhere, and extreme cases in Madison (everyone gets hosed there), West Lafeyette, etc. On balance I wouldn't cry about it, but we do seem to come up a bit on the short end in total.

Top Bottom