Myron comments on Hoff's 3-point shooting lately

Ogee Ogilthorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
In his latest blog, Medcalf comments on Blake's shooting woes of late, saying he's 5 of his last 15 from the arc.

I don't know that I'm that concerned but I've been meaning to post that it seems a lot of Blake's 3-pointers lately have been forced. Many have been of the contested variety, and many not exactly quality looks.

Teams know he can shoot and they're doing a good job of contesting his shot, nothing more to read into this than that. Once he starts getting some open looks again, he'll be fine. I think OSU and particularly MSU are two of the better defensive BT teams we'll face this year. Wouldn't surprise me if Blake goes off against Iowa and/or Penn State in the near future.

Shooting 33% from 3 isn't anything to fret over. What's sad is saying that 33% is "shooting woes" when it's still a better percentage than 5 other players on the team.

You can pick out any one player when they've had a rough shooting night (like Jon Dieber going 1-7 against WVU or 1-6 against MSU the other night, or Trent Meacham going 1-7 against Michigan the other day, etc.). The great shooters don't care about an off-game or two; it's their collective shooting and ability to hit it in the clutch that matters the most.

The tone of Myron's article is what got me; as one of the comments noted...it seems the national pundits like us more than he does? What's his bag?

Blake just needs to get his confidence back.

Yeah, I wouldn't worry much about Blake shooting the ball.

Shooters go through cycles, it's just part of the game. I highly doubt that he'll be shooting 33 percent from three the rest of the season.

He won't be getting too many open looks the rest of the way. I am not worried at all... I would guess that his % may dip slightly this year but only because other teams are recognizing that he is money when left alone.

I have a feeling Joseph's % will increase as the season moves on..as he seems more confident every day. A confident player translates into a better shooter. He already has a good stroke.

If just one of the shots that rattled out goes in, he's shooting 40% instead of 33% in those three games. If this continues for the next 10 games or something, then there's reason for concern.

as long as he keeps hitting a few its a win win for Gopher fans. The Hoff is a good enough shooter by reputation to occupy a defender completely when he's out on the floor whether he's shooting well or not, probably freeing up another outside threat....OTOH, should he "struggle" longer (although I don't think 33% is "woeful") then defenses will leave him alone and he'll have his window to pop again. he's got such a quick release that all he needs is a glimmer of the defender laying back and he'll drill it.

Shooting 33% from 3 isn't anything to fret over. What's sad is saying that 33% is "shooting woes" when it's still a better percentage than 5 other players on the team.

You can pick out any one player when they've had a rough shooting night (like Jon Dieber going 1-7 against WVU or 1-6 against MSU the other night, or Trent Meacham going 1-7 against Michigan the other day, etc.). The great shooters don't care about an off-game or two; it's their collective shooting and ability to hit it in the clutch that matters the most.

The tone of Myron's article is what got me; as one of the comments noted...it seems the national pundits like us more than he does? What's his bag?

Just look at Stephen Curry.

Hoff should be on the bench

I know everyone loves him cause he's white and from MN but if he doesn't hit three's (which he hasn't this year or tonight) he is worthless....He refuses to follow his shot and is a defensive liability.

I know everyone loves him cause he's white and from MN but if he doesn't hit three's (which he hasn't this year or tonight) he is worthless....He refuses to follow his shot and is a defensive liability.
If you notice why Tubby keeps playing him, he's coming up with huge rebounds and assists, despite not shooting well.

If Tubby thought he was worthless, trust me, he'd be on the bench.

Love your first 5 posts so far, hope they are all of the same quality.

Come on LA..........you don't need to run the kid down and you certainly don't need to turn this into a racial issue, either. I agree with the poster who said that Hoff is getting better at other phases of the game and his defense is getting better, too. He had 4 rebounds tonight, which actually tied for the team high and he had a nice assist, too.

With the game on the line, I still would rather have him taking the shot because he is lights out when he gets an open look. He also has proved to be a very clutch shooter.....just ask Indiana.

Top Bottom