Myron blog: Gophers to play three times on ESPN/CBS in 2011-12

At least we get 1 ESPN Super Tuesday appearance this season, the Ohio State game on Feb. 14. That's one more than we had last season.

Looks like 15 of 18 Gopher B1G games on the BTN this season. That's OK. They do a great job with the games as well as pre-game and post-game.

Myron has put up some very frequent and short blogs this summer. Nice to see he spent two minutes today doing his job.

Myron has put up some very frequent and short blogs this summer. Nice to see he spent two minutes today doing his job.

It's a bit sad how the Strib coverage of Gopher hoops has fallen. I think they cover the Lynx with more interest.

Say whatever you want about the BTN for football, but it's been fantastic for basketball.

Then you do it if you are so damned good at it.

Why do people use this as a defense for everything? I do not get paid to cover Gopher hoops. It's not like anyone is allowed to do that job, and whoever does hold that job should do it well or there will be criticism.

Why do people use this as a defense for everything? I do not get paid to cover Gopher hoops. It's not like anyone is allowed to do that job, and whoever does hold that job should do it well or there will be criticism.

I'm not sure it's even Myron's fault. For all we know he's been cut to part time and isn't being allowed to do a better job. But I do blame the Strib for the terrible decline in their coverage of Gopher hoops the last few years.

Say whatever you want about the BTN for football, but it's been fantastic for basketball.

+1. Save for a few of the best/worst crews, I almost prefer that the games be on BTN, unless we're getting Bob Knight, etc.

+1. Save for a few of the best/worst crews, I almost prefer that the games be on BTN, unless we're getting Bob Knight, etc.

BTN does a nice job with the games, but is responsible for some bad start times. Too late or too early are frequent and those horrible 5 or 6 pm on Sundays are brutal. BTN scheduling cost me attending at least two games last year and expect it will cost me again.

Get the complete schedule out already!

You nailed it, I expect better coverage from the Strib. http://www.startribune.com/contactus/

The Press kills the Strib in quality/quantity of gophers football and basketball coverage.

It's a bit sad how the Strib coverage of Gopher hoops has fallen. I think they cover the Lynx with more interest.

It's true, I'm glad to have found GopherHole to fill in the gaps.

Top Bottom