Myron blog: Gophers star Trevor Mbakwe: "leaning toward staying"

BleedGopher

Reaction score
http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/119410209.html

"As of today, I’m still leaning toward coming back," Mbakwe said. "I’m still just gathering feedback, seeing who goes and who stays. Me and Coach [Tubby Smith] have been talking all the time. I’m weighing all my options. But I’m definitely leaning toward staying."

Go Gophers!!

I likes what I hear. I think the off court stuff could be a real problem for him come time when NBA scouts are evaluating prospects. It's good he recognizes those issues are a big factor.

Really glad to hear. If he really wanted to get a shot at the NBA, staying would be the best option for him. In turn, we gain some competitive edge next season. It also gives us a bit more flexibility for recruiting. I am concerned about how recruting may go if TM leaves early.

>> I think the off court stuff could be a real problem for him...<<

How much off the court stuff does Minnesota accept before sending him packing?

You havent been paying attention, as it seems they will accept plenty.

Until you answer it. You are my guru and I kneel at your feet.

Until he is actually found guilty of something serious. Time to stop asking now.

Better team if we look the other way? Is that the concensus?

Better team if we look the other way? Is that the concensus?

If he's not found guilty of anything serious then there is no need to look the other way. So no. Maybe you should get over it until you can provide proof that he has actually done something worth getting kicked off the team for.

Been through too many scandals during my 40 years of supporting the Gophers. Would prefer a high-integrity program where constant smoke is an indication of probable fire.

Been through too many scandals during my 40 years of supporting the Gophers. Would prefer a high-integrity program where constant smoke is an indication of probable fire.

What exactly did he do in the past couple years? Facebook message'd someone and kicked a car door of some tools who were giving him and his teammates grief. The Miami thing was before he even got here, but even so, no guilt was found. But are you honestly suggesting they should kick this guy off the team for that? Is he a model citizen? Of course not, but I really don't think anything he's done warrants even thinking about sending him packing, not even remotely close to it. It's not like he's just going around breaking laws left and right.

I understand your point.

Just asking now...

Has he had more incidents with the law since HS than the rest of the roster combined?

All I'm asking is, for the integrity of the program, when will enough be enough?

Uh oh, not this again ...

Can we just make one thread arguing about Trevor's status when he reaches the pearly gates so it doesn't have to come up in every thread that says his name?

I understand your point.

Just asking now...

Has he had more incidents with the law since HS than the rest of the roster combined?

All I'm asking is, for the integrity of the program, when will enough be enough?

Just get over it man. Seriously. He hasn't been found guilty of anything serious and he absolutely will not be kicked off the team unless he does. Nor should he be. Tubby has recruited some guys with very high character the last few years. Plenty of guys with 4.0 GPAs or damn near close to it. At the rate he's going with recruiting we will have one of the most high character teams in the entire country. Get over it.

I understand your point.

Just asking now...

I hear BYU has openings on their bandwagon. The application process is a pain though. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom