Texas
Alabama
Penn State
Texas tech
Ohio State
Cincy
Utah

Florida #3? I don't know about that.

I'd go: 1) Florida, 2) Texas, 3) Oklahoma, 4) USC, 5) Alabama, 6) Texas Tech, 7) Penn St, 8) Utah, 9) Ohio St, 10) Boise St.

Oklahoma
USC
Florida
Texas
Alabama
Penn State
Texas tech
Ohio State
Cincy
Utah

Even if USC is better I don't think they deserve to play in the championship. Florida, Texas, and Oklahoma all have better resumes based upon the teams they beat.

I used the AP poll to indicate rankings:
Oklahoma victories against top 25 teams: Texas Tech (8), TCU (11), Cincinnati (12), Oklahoma State (13), Missouri (25)
Texas victories against top 25 teams: Oklahoma (2), Oklahoma State (13), Missouri (25)
Florida victories against top 25 teams: Alabama (4), Georgia (16), Florida State (29)
USC victories against top 25 teams: Ohio State (10), Oregon (15)
Penn State victories against top 25 teams: Ohio State (10), Michigan State (19), Oregon State (24)

The sad reality is of the BCS instead of a playoff system is that if your conference is down or you have a light non-conference schedule you need to go undefeated to ensure a position in the National Championship game.

Having watched the Cincinnati versus Hawaii game on Saturday I definitely disagree that they belong in the top 10. Without a doubt TCU belongs more highly ranked than Cincy and I would probably put Georgia Tech and Oregon in front of them too. It is also hard to ignore a 12-0 Boise State team.

Here's mine:

Oklahoma
Texas
Florida
USC
Alabama
Penn State
Utah
Texas Tech
Ohio St.
Boise St.

^^^but Texas beat Oklahoma.

Call me a little miffed by the way Texas has been so dismissed by everyone. I think people are underestimating how tough of a game it was going into Lubbock and trying to win in the biggest game in the history of Texas Tech. Even then, it took one of the outstanding plays of the year in college football to beat them. Sure Oklahoma killed TT, but they were fortunate enough to get them on their own field. To me, that game does not trump Texas beating Oklahoma by 10 at a neutral location.

I don't know how Texas was able to contain that Oklahoma offense, they play unbelievable.........

Top Bottom