My Thoughts On the Iowa Game This Week!!!

Do you think the Gophers can beat the hawkeyes again?

• Yes

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • No

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Coming into this week I actually feel that the gophers don't suck as bad as previous weeks and they have a very great chance against Iowa. Here are my keys to success. Marquies Gray and the offensice coordinator and coach Kill need to set up more plays to get McKnight open because that one play was amazing where Gray Passed right to him to set up a touchdown. I've heard people say stuff that Gray is very inaccurate and crap like that but you know if he has the receivers which he really doesn't this year he can make those passes. He also made a nice throw to him on their last scoring drive against Nebraska. I noticed that Gray would slightly just overthrow the ball to the tight end or some receiver while Gray was in motion running towards the sideline looking for a pass. If he made some of those passes they may wouldn't of got first downs but they would've got us that extra yardage we needed. I also noticed that a lot of the times last game our receivers got open a bunch of times on the short pass plays that would be enough for a first down or so and most of the time Gray would throw a near perfect pass to them but they would then drop the ball from a big hit from behind from a defender. I know this hard times to catch a ball but most receivers can make those. If our receivers an work on this we can get many more first especially against Iowa. As for the defense who actually had probably one of their better games even though the score says otherwise. In reality the score for sure should've been at least 34-14 maybe even 31-14 because of the stupid lucky fumble forward. In reality this defense stop them under forty points against Nebraska. They only gave up like 10 points in the first quarter and only 7 points throughout the second half. The second quarter is what killed them. The gophers actually won the second half. If our offense can do what I said and the defense can keep up the performance like they played in the first quarter and the second half of the last game against Iowa who is actually struggling we may have a chance at getting the Floyd again.

Are you going to be drunk the entire week, or just tonight and then again on gameday? The Gophers are terrible. Nebraska benefited from some oddities, but if they aren't up 34-0 at half time, they score more in the 2nd half. They brought in the scrubs at the beginning of the 4th quarter. That said, Nebraska didn't beat the Gophers as badly as Purdue. That should tell you roughly how good Nebraska is as well.

Can and will are two entirely different words. I think the Gophers can beat Iowa, but (sadly) I don't think they will.

Can they? Heck yeah!
Will they? That's why we play the game.

The defense looked better at the start of the game than in the previous big ten games, Is it me or is our Dline getting better push than they were before?
Still not making plays but Martinez was not as comfortable as Drob was for example.

Our O is not good, but I think if Iowa's D struggles like they did against Indiana, give up say 27 points we can stay within striking distance late in the game and hopefully we have some situational plays that simply haven't been used because we've been so far out late in games.

I'll predict a good game, behind 7-10 points at half, and a closer finish maybe 34-27 either way.

Gophers are young - not terrible.

Are you going to be drunk the entire week, or just tonight and then again on gameday? The Gophers are terrible. Nebraska benefited from some oddities, but if they aren't up 34-0 at half time, they score more in the 2nd half. They brought in the scrubs at the beginning of the 4th quarter. That said, Nebraska didn't beat the Gophers as badly as Purdue. That should tell you roughly how good Nebraska is as well.

Top Bottom