MTSU Injury Update

mggoph

Section 112, Row 1
Reaction score
http://www.dnj.com/article/20100818...4/MTSU+Practice+Report++Three+linemen+injured

MTSU Practice Report: Three linemen injured

MTSU’s starting five offensive linemen have been trimmed to two with recent injuries.

Center Alex Stuart and guard Preston Bailey missed Wednesday morning’s practice with knee injuries. Tackle Mark Fisher’s workout was cut short by a re-aggravated back injury.

Stuart is out about two weeks. Bailey, who also has missed time for an illness, could be back in a few days. Fisher is day-to-day.

That leaves only guard Brandon McLeroy and tackle Mike Williams among the starters that are healthy.

I hear it's hot and humid down there...maybe even above average. You can't expect them to go through practice without losing 1/2 their team in conditions like that.

It's a good thing they have unparalleled depth and athleticism, or this could really affect them.

Plus, it has to get old dealing with above-average heat and humidity every day.

At that's the news from Lake Murfreesboro, where the women are strong, the men are good looking and the temperature is always above average.

heat

Yes, the heat and the humidity can get old. This year has been awful. I think the Gophers will be in for a shock on gameday, I hope they are prepared for it somehow. The guys who wear visors on their helmets will have a tougher time than others. We can hope for rain that day, that will neutralize the home weather advantage a little.

Yes, the heat and the humidity can get old. This year has been awful. I think the Gophers will be in for a shock on gameday, I hope they are prepared for it somehow. The guys who wear visors on their helmets will have a tougher time than others. We can hope for rain that day, that will neutralize the home weather advantage a little.

You think there might be some THUNDER???

I hear it's hot and humid down there...maybe even above average. You can't expect them to go through practice without losing 1/2 their team in conditions like that.

I could be mistaken, but I believe heat and humidity usually affects only one team, especially during game conditions. Our team can overcome this by drinking Kool-Aid or maybe because we drink too much Kool-Aid we will not be prepared:confused:

Knee injuries and back injuries? I'd recommend they take off their cowboy boots for practice at least.

Knee injuries and back injuries? I'd recommend they take off their cowboy boots for practice at least.

But, the sheep's back legs fit in there so nicely when you're wearing them.

I just read this whole threads and I have no idea how the cheerleaders are doing. The humidity must really screw up their big hair.

I just watched the Dwight Dasher Youtube clips and that guy can run.

Yeah, but just think if a "Norther" blows in and it snows. We'll destroy 'em!

Apparently the center is a converted guard...love the fact that he is missing snaps in training camp. I'm sure the Gophers could use a couple of false stars/botched snap or two.

How many of their players are suffering from 2nd degree burns from practicing on that 150 degree field?

We are in deep trouble...

Wow!!

I just checked the 10-day forecast for Murfreesboro, TN and I almost couldn't believe my eyes.

Highs ranging from 88-92 degrees?!??!! That's almost uninhabitable!!! What a horrible scheduling mistake by Maturi and company.

Wow!!

I just checked the 10-day forecast for Murfreesboro, TN and I almost couldn't believe my eyes.

Highs ranging from 88-92 degrees?!??!! That's almost uninhabitable!!! What a horrible scheduling mistake by Maturi and company.

Hope you didn't pull that from weather.com. Can't use that for all of our information. You need to spend your whole life in TN to know the temperature.

Umm... yeah...

Hope you didn't pull that from weather.com. Can't use that for all of our information. You need to spend your whole life in TN to know the temperature.

Yeah, it's kind of hot here in Vegas too. Hasn't been 115 for a few weeks but it's still warm.

I think the point is, I really hope the Blue Raider fans aren't putting all their eggs (or even most of them) in that basket.

Yes, it'll be hot and humid. I think we get that. Everybody will be playing in the same conditions. If the game were being played in November or December, and the Rodents were going from 40 degrees in MN to TN where it's 80's and 90's with high humidity, it would at least be more of a shock to the system.

Kind of brings to mind this question though; If it's so damn miserable, why do people live there?

Kind of brings to mind this question though; If it's so damn miserable, why do people live there?

Dude, it's easy to live down there. You just have to take off the parka, long underwear, wool socks, and boots that we up here in frigid Minnesota have to wear year-round.

That's the key... No Parka!

I'd be a bit worried about my igloo. It seems like it might be a little melty. Sleeping in a puddle is not very refreshing when you have to get up early for some walrus hunting.

I'd be a bit worried about my igloo. It seems like it might be a little melty. Sleeping in a puddle is not very refreshing when you have to get up early for some walrus hunting.

What I'm interested to find out is how they get their ice shacks to not sink into their lakes. I realize that they are the heart of the Bible-belt.... but I don't even think Jesus can get them to walk on water with their snowmobile, truck, ice house and auger!!

How do they fish down there without ice???

Wow? I don't know. It's bad enough here when the ice is finally off the lakes in late August, so we've got like three weeks without ice before it forms again for the start of football season, but they can't fish like for the whole year. I feel kind of bad for them.

Top Bottom