MSU takes out full page ad in Dallas Morning News' Sunday CFP section

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

I'm not sure what this ad accomplishes. Maybe they are trying to attract the attention of local recruits. With the two teams that beat them playing for the NC, recruits are probably thinking the Spartans are my third choice. But who knows.

State of Texas has a lot of outstanding football players. A lot of people, locals and out-of-towners, will be reading the local sports pages while the title game is in town. Nowadays it's all about branding and getting your name out there.

It's a good move.

It gets their name in front of the locals and makes them look classy.

It also reminds those Texas kids (the ones who can read) that MSU is hot sh*t, as my grandma used to say.

It's a good move.

It gets their name in front of the locals and makes them look classy.

It also reminds those Texas kids (the ones who can read) that MSU is hot sh*t, as my grandma used to say.

Not to mention that this is a dead period for recruiting I believe so it gives them a chance to keep their name out there and still hopefully get in front of some of the recruits they are targeting. Smart move on their part considering the relatively small amount of cost involved with placing the ad.

Ya this is a definite recruiting ploy and well done by MSU. Looks very classy, which will please momma. Looks like they're a good team, which will please recruits.

Only team that played both the teams in the championship game.

Top Bottom