MSU Coach Harley Barnett Press Conference, notes.

NoelarBear

Reaction score

Opening Statement

Watched film, wasn’t very nice. Moved on, 24 rule has passed. Now focused on Minnesota.

Questions

Got asked about bouncing back from Michigan. Said the players came out and are ready to go. Viewed it as a positive.

What did he learn from watching film from the Michigan game? “Moment might have been big for us, it’s all part of the experience”

Talked about DT Simeon Barrow coming to talk to him. (Barrow is expected to entered the transfer portal)

Got asked about the QB play, possible others getting snaps. He confirms that Katin Houser is the starting QB this weekend against MN.

Got asked if he is going to use the “redshirt rule” and only allow players to play four games. He said he really hasn’t talked about it with his players.

Got asked about Simeon Barrow, didn’t give details about their convo.

Got asked about the MN game last year. “They can run the football, RPO is their game last year against us. They will still try to do it this year”

“You going to see a lot of the same things. Good running game and receivers”

“On defense, they will crowd the line of scrimmage and force you to throw the ball”

“Good team, well coached team, coach fleck has been there for a while and has his system in place”

Coach was not surprised Michigan tried to score and not take a knee at the end of the game.

Got asked how “he is holding up” after the Michigan game. “I will never give up, you will have to kill me to stop me. That is how I want the team to be”

Got asked if his staff is worried due to the future being unknown.

“He mentioned his faith is keeping him grounded and strong”

Reporter brings up close games against Iowa and Rutgers on the road.

“We still have to finish, stay disciplined and do your job. We have to finish”

Got asked about the losing streak in 2016.

“That was tough, we couldn’t figure out what was going on.” Talked about how the feeling this year is kinda similar.

Got asked about a 2012 game against Minnesota on how this is a possible trap game.

He agrees with a reporter, that this is a character game for the players. Gives credit to the players still fighting. He says that this game could “define the 2023 season”

Got asked about the running game. Talked about Jalen being out for the year

Got asked about players stepping up in spite of a weird season.

Mentioned a few players who are keeping the team together.

Said it was a good recruiting weekend before the game this past weekend.

A reporter asked if it’s a benefit to play teams that are similar. (Which means he thinks Minnesota and Michigan are similar.). He did say it is due to the teams loving to run the ball.

Talked about how penalties hurt and how it’s hard to win any game when you have so many penalties.

Top Bottom