Moving Mbawke to Defensive End

Governor Sibley

Section 109 Row 21
Reaction score
We all know, deep down, that as a bearer of XY chromosomes Trevor has no business playing basketball.

Would he have any eligibility?

If the answer is Yes, I propose we start a fund for a billboard campaign.

We all know, deep down, that as a bearer of XY chromosomes Trevor has no business playing basketball.

No he would have no eligibility after this year. And this is stupid. The man loves basketball.

Um no he wouldn't have any elibility? And this is a pointless thread, but while were on topic, why not just have him play receiver 2 plays a game and throw a jump ball to him?

Thanks for the laugh Studwell!

To the responses, take a deep breath! Studwell is good for a laugh now and then.

He can take out a whole O-Line with his giant dong. I'm in on this idea.

Why are we stopping at Trevor? Might as well try to recruit Chip Armelin from the bball team too.

Why are we stopping at Trevor? Might as well try to recruit Chip Armelin from the bball team too.
He actually was considering it this summer but Tubby said he shouldn't. He may check again this summer. Why about Rodney for some jump balls then? Or RSIII even?

Trevor to TE

There is a long line of undersized pf becomming TE's. Gates and Gonzales are two of the best.

Not unheard of trying to get athletes of one sport & experiment with them in another....

John Mariucci got Bobby Bell out on the ice with goalie pads on & fired some pucks on him to see what he had because of his quickness displayed on the gridiron.....

There is a long line of undersized pf becomming TE's. Gates and Gonzales are two of the best.

Except Gates and Gonzalez are both 6'4"/6'5" and built about perfectly to play TE. Mbakwe is 6'8" and has a basketball player's build, and is also a far, far better basketball player than either of the other two ever dreamt of being. Gates and Gonzalez were football players miscast as mediocre basketball players. They went to the NFL because they were both much better at football and had zero hope of ever playing basketball professionally. Mbakwe may not make the NBA, but he is pretty much guaranteed to be playing basketball for a paycheck somewhere.

As ridiculous as Lebron playing in the NFL.

Except Gates and Gonzalez are both 6'4"/6'5" and built about perfectly to play TE. Mbakwe is 6'8" and has a basketball player's build, and is also a far, far better basketball player than either of the other two ever dreamt of being. Gates and Gonzalez were football players miscast as mediocre basketball players. They went to the NFL because they were both much better at football and had zero hope of ever playing basketball professionally. Mbakwe may not make the NBA, but he is pretty much guaranteed to be playing basketball for a paycheck somewhere.

Gates turned out to be a better football player but he did not play football in college. Gonzalez was always more of a football player (like Peppers), but Gates was strictly a college basketball player who started playing in the NFL.

This year would have been his last chance for another sport, no?

This is not a ridiculous thread. This is the best thread I have seen in 3 months.

When your football team is this bad, it's nice to keep things light hearted.

I love how there are people taking it seriously.

I don't know about that but with Mbawke gone next year, how about Jonah Pirsig OL 6-9/300 as a power forward?

Scholarship?

Remember, he would have to use up a football scholarship. Football is #1 in the pecking order. I believe a football scholarship player can play Basketball however.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Sorry for taking the thread is a little to seriously. And seriously, throw in RW, Trevor or RS3 for a jump ball!

Remember, he would have to use up a football scholarship. Football is #1 in the pecking order. I believe a football scholarship player can play Basketball however.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Lol I doubt a football player could play basketball. Gray and McKnight, maybe, other than that I don't know of any that I would say could play for the Gophers.

Chip however, was a legit football recruit (being recruited by LSU) before he chose basketball.

To think what-if Jew Jew party was still in school, he could be on the #1 Power Play down low in front of the crease. It would cause a Sioux d-man goonlike effort never seen before.....

I wonder if Jew Jew was all coked out during the Iowa game. I'm sorry if that offends anyone. Wait, no I'm not

Lol I doubt a football player could play basketball. Gray and McKnight, maybe, other than that I don't know of any that I would say could play for the Gophers.

Chip however, was a legit football recruit (being recruited by LSU) before he chose basketball.

Bryant Allen would have went out for bball last year, he would have gotten significant run, like you said McKnight was a good basketball player. I'm not sure how much he could have played in the Big 10.

This talk is all for fun. But I bet you whatever you want that Mbakwe, when measured without shoes, will not even be 6'7". But he still will be playing professionally somewhere.

This talk is all for fun. But I bet you whatever you want that Mbakwe, when measured without shoes, will not even be 6'7". But he still will be playing professionally somewhere.

Good thing that NBA players all wear shoes. Seriously, you bring this up constantly, and it doesn't matter to anyone except certain scouts who want to justify their job and paycheck. The only height that matters is the one that exists when a player is on the court.

You are comparing the real heights of two players versus the listed height of Mbakwe, then you try and tell me Mbakwe has a basketball player's build. Whaterver. Then you tell me Gates was a mediocre basketball player. His senior season he received Honorable Mention All-American Honors from the Associated Press after averaging 20.6 points, 7.7 rebounds and 4.1 assists per game. Gates could have played basketball overseas just like you saw Mbakwe might.

Your opinion has been proven to be unsubstantiated.

I think Trevor could play first base for the Twins. At 6-8 he could grab many of the air mail throws from the infielders and with his toughness he could probably play more than 75 games per year.

Top Bottom