Most weeks Big Ten teams have spent in the AP Top 25 (Minnesota 10th, 236 weeks)

Pretty sure gophers are 10th. Four miserable teams behind them.

So 10th in the Big Ten might be Top 50 in all of the 350 some NCAA teams?
How long a period is the 236 weeks?

So 10th in the Big Ten might be Top 50 in all of the 350 some NCAA teams?
How long a period is the 236 weeks?
It is top 50 but big deal when measured by the lack of conference titles, final 4's and national title.

Pretty sure gophers are 10th. Four miserable teams behind them.

I recognize those four teams behind us. They've been our Weakling Wednesday opponents during the Pitino era.

In fairness to the Gophers, though, there is a huge drop between #10 and #11 in terms of weeks, a 200 week difference. The Gophers are slightly closer to #4 Maryland than they are to #11 Rutgers.

Well this specific chart was talking about one thing. So that is what people are commenting on.
Your right. There was a better way to show how poorly we have done in conference on my part. If anything this makes us look better than any other method. Would be interesting to see it done by weeks in top 10, top 5 and number 1.

Your right. There was a better way to show how poorly we have done in conference on my part. If anything this makes us look better than any other method. Would be interesting to see it done by weeks in top 10, top 5 and number 1.
Agreed. It’s still pathetic how bad they’ve been. I just think going off topic isn’t fair because no metric shows them as being good, which is really sad.

The BIG TEN is tough! Almost 8 teams nearly double us in weeks. No question we gotta do better!
But we are only 45 weeks from Wisconsin, so I’m not sure we are “pathetic” or “miserable” either.
We are 200 plus weeks ahead of the bottom four….which would merit woeful.

We all know we have not been the most productive program in B1G history.

But is there really any purpose in trying to find new ways to bash our program?

I just do not understand why people want to keep dwelling on the history and portraying it as always negative. It just reenforces a defeatist fan attitude, which I think bleeds over to the local basketball community.

If you think you stink, act like you are stink, have no expectations of not stinking, you will always stink. It is like when PJ had to change the attitude inside the program and the attitude of the fans. Hopefully Coach Johnson can do the same with the basketball program.

We all know we have not been the most productive program in B1G history.

But is there really any purpose in trying to find new ways to bash our program?

I just do not understand why people want to keep dwelling on the history and portraying it as always negative. It just reenforces a defeatist fan attitude, which I think bleeds over to the local basketball community.

If you think you stink, act like you are stink, have no expectations of not stinking, you will always stink. It is like when PJ had to change the attitude inside the program and the attitude of the fans. Hopefully Coach Johnson can do the same with the basketball program.
We have not stunk every single year. We do not stink right now. Our previous coach stunk badly. Our new hire gives us hope. Love our chances now. Each person looks at it differently. not all fans have the same relationship with coaches at all levels, players and parents. I have not had one negative thought or comment since Ben and staff have been hired. There are all kinds of reasons for kids to come here or go somewhere else. I am not afraid to recognize a mostly mediocre past. Recruits know it as well. UVA had a mostly mediocre past, so did UW. UVA sold being part of something special, part of building long term success. Going to a incredible school. They never even worried about getting the best state kids from a state that produces far more talent than here. They found them everywhere on character and skill. I am not upset at fans who accepted poor basketball under Pitino as the reason we would always be terrible. We were only assured of being bad under bad coaching. No reson for me to think BJ will perform poorly. I expect great things.

Top Bottom