Most under the radar Big Ten star?

swingman

Reaction score

Coming in at the top of my list. Minnesota Running Back Darius Taylor. When you look at his numbers from last season, they are staggering. He played in 6 games officially but in the first game of the season only had 1 carry for three yards. In the five other games, Taylor ran for 796 yards on 137 carries. Averaging near six yards a carry, while also adding 5 TD's. He didn't just do it against MAC schools either. Against North Carolina in Chapel Hill, he finished with 138 yards on 22 carries and nearly went for 200 yards at Northwestern. Injuries derailed what was a sure 1,000 yard rushing season for Taylor. He will not be on any pre-season awards lists but he will compete for All Big Ten honors at the end of the season if he stays healthy.

Might see fewer carries from our RBs but more receptions from our RB...both Brosmer and Taylor talked about the dump off pass.

Personally I’d love it if we backed off on his carries a little bit and spread the workload. That said, he has the talent level and system to win the OPOY for the big ten
I'm hopeful with the adds we have from the offseason, decreased workload will be a thing and it won't affect the on field results. We have a nice stable back there.

If Brosmer could make some noise with exceptional play...we could be freaky.
If Perich could be conference newcomer of the year...

I know they really want to make Q work as a returner, but I'm with Chip Scoggins:
"Put Perich at returner and LET HIM RIP"

Someone mentioned Perich was injured in HS track this spring and had a delayed start to football. Might take a longer road to playing time if true

ya, lets hope it bad info and he's fine
I was under the impression that he'll be fine but it may make it so he's a little behind on training (which could delay his appearance in the lineup).

Top Bottom