Most crucial game left on the schedule..

akoch6767

Reaction score
At Illinois... If we beat Purdue we will likely be back on the bubble. I believe this team needs to beat the Illini no matter what to get in the tourney. Unless of course they win the BTT. Beating Purdue and Illinois will likely put us at the 6 spot in the BTT. We would meet up with PSU who is a little more dangerous now, but I think we would probably beat them, because we would be focused and determined to get into the NCAA by that point. I think by beating the Illini and winning the rest of our games we'd only have to beat PSU in the BTT. Michigan on the road really isn't a quality win, but the beating Illinois on the road in a tough environment definitely would be. Besides Purdue and Illinois we have a cupcake schedule. It will take some work, but if we finish up with that scenario we will get into the tourney hands down! There is still plenty of hope my friends. Lets do this!
Go Gophers!

At Illinois... If we beat Purdue we will likely be back on the bubble. I believe this team needs to beat the Illini no matter what to get in the tourney. Unless of course they win the BTT. Beating Purdue and Illinois will likely put us at the 6 spot in the BTT. We would meet up with PSU who is a little more dangerous now, but I think we would probably beat them, because we would be focused and determined to get into the NCAA by that point. I think by beating the Illini and winning the rest of our games we'd only have to beat PSU in the BTT. Michigan on the road really isn't a quality win, but the beating Illinois on the road in a tough environment definitely would be. Besides Purdue and Illinois we have a cupcake schedule. It will take some work, but if we finish up with that scenario we will get into the tourney hands down! There is still plenty of hope my friends. Lets do this!
Go Gophers!

I've said it from Day 1 and still think Gophers need 22 W (at least) on March 14 for NCAA bid.

akoch...""Most crucial game left on the schedule.. ""

The next one, nothing more, nothing less.

I could see a nice winning streak here. The team seems to have better chemistry than ever. We just have to get rid of the road jitters, and play our game! We can be unbeatable at home. We just don't perform on the road.

akoch...""Most crucial game left on the schedule.. ""

The next one, nothing more, nothing less.

i was hesitant on posting this one. Your right though... I guess I just think that maybe if we can win a big road game it will boost our confidence even more. This team has talent, we see it at home, but on the road it's just never there.

I've said it from Day 1 and still think Gophers need 22 W (at least) on March 14 for NCAA bid.

Why do you think this? IMO, I think 11-7 or 10-8 + 1 win in BTT gets us in. It'll be hard for the committee to leave a big ten team with a +.500 winning percentage out of the tourney.

The real test will be on the road. We've known all year that the Gophs can play well at home (sans a late-game slip up against MSU and a miserably performance against Michigan). I think they'll play well against Purdue--not sure if we can pull it off (man I hope so though) but if we do, it'll all be about how we respond on the road. Taking that momentum and chemistry they've assembled and playing a really quality game will be the key.

NCAA

Gophs beat Purdue and finish 10-8 they are in... Dont matter if they beat Ill or Mich one of the two will do... 10-8 with wins over Pur, OSU, Wisc and Butler will suffice

22 wins??

That would get us a 5 seed let alone get us in the tourney

Every remaining game is crucial to make the NCAAs. Our margin of error is so small, that any loss would necessitate a very strong BT Tourney showing to get in.

Why do you think this? IMO, I think 11-7 or 10-8 + 1 win in BTT gets us in. It'll be hard for the committee to leave a big ten team with a +.500 winning percentage out of the tourney.

Lots of likely 20 W teams this year.

Portland, Miami FL, Morgan St, Texas A&M, Stephen F Austin - to name a few of the Gophers' OOC opponents.

I doubt all of those get into NCAA.

Gophs beat Purdue and finish 10-8 they are in... Dont matter if they beat Ill or Mich one of the two will do... 10-8 with wins over Pur, OSU, Wisc and Butler will suffice

I completely agree. History says that this gets us in.

I think 10-8 gets us in with a B10 tourney win, if two of those wins are Ill and Purdue. I think if we lose to Purdue, we have to win out plus 2 wins in the B10 tourney to even be on the bubble.

I think 10-8 gets us in with a B10 tourney win, if two of those wins are Ill and Purdue. I think if we lose to Purdue, we have to win out plus 2 wins in the B10 tourney to even be on the bubble.

10-8 + 1 BTT win leaves us sweating a last 4 in/out scenario.

10-8 + 2 BTT wins = no sweat

11-7 in with no sweat

Andy Katz of espn picks Purdue to be a #1 seed in the big dance.

Top Bottom