MORE STADIUM PICTURES!!!

alltimetwinsfan

Grand Poobah
Reaction score
I, too, was able to get into the stadium today by just walking through the front door...I figured I'd show off the wares. It's really amazing to me how close everything is, just as everyone said it would be. My camera actually died before I got to take photos of the upper deck seats, but sitting in the first few rows of the upper deck were very similar to the distance from the bottom of the lower deck in the dome, or possibly even closer...in any case, here you are...

P8120041.jpg

P8120042.jpg

P8120043.jpg

P8120045.jpg

P8120049.jpg

P8120021.jpg

P8120022.jpg

P8120025.jpg

P8120026.jpg

P8120028.jpg

P8120029.jpg

P8120030.jpg

P8120031.jpg

P8120032.jpg

P8120034.jpg

P8120035.jpg

P8120036.jpg

P8120037.jpg

P8120003.jpg

P8120004.jpg

P8120007.jpg

P8120008.jpg

P8120012.jpg

P8120013.jpg

P8120015.jpg

P8120017.jpg

P8120018.jpg

P8120020.jpg

Thanks so much! I love how wide the shots are...great for desktops!

Painting the facing of the upper deck maroon makes a huge difference. Amazing how something so small can really change the feel of the entire stadium. Ditto on the brick field wall.

Great pics! Thanks!

I guess these pictures answer the question our group has "Will they have the seat backs installed in time for the scrimmage?" YES!"

Thanks for the excellent pics! The Gold color in the endzones....

...finally looks ok. I guess the problems from before were from the lighting and how the cameras were adjusting for lighting.

Looks top notch!!

My only hope is we better not give up 483 yards of offense to Air Force!! :)

Wish I could be there for the game.

GM

I like your photos because they're from a fans point-of-view. Great jobs.

Painting the facing of the upper deck maroon makes a huge difference. Amazing how something so small can really change the feel of the entire stadium. Ditto on the brick field wall.

If I had to guess, I would say they are not painted. I think these are some sort of panels. Otherwise we wouldn't see gaps.

alltime, they seriously just let you walk right in the stadium? And no one said anything? And you're not a VIP, with the construction company, or some otherwise-entitled person?

alltime, they seriously just let you walk right in the stadium? And no one said anything? And you're not a VIP, with the construction company, or some otherwise-entitled person?

I know what I'm doing during lunch!

Anyone else notice how Air Force has 38 points, but only have 134 total yards? They must have an unreal defense.

Anyone else notice how Air Force has 38 points, but only have 134 total yards? They must have an unreal defense.

Actually, its the Gophers with only 134 total yards for 42 points. :)

Is anyone confused that there is 20 minutes left in the 4th quarter?

My wife surprised me, along with my fellow season ticket holders (group of seven of us with 12 tickets total) with a private tour for my birthday last week. The place is/was awesome, but they didn't have the painted face of the upper deck done yet - I agree, that is a really nice touch.

Yes, the seats are much closer than the dome. We were told that the spacing between the sidelines and the stands is 20 feet closer than the dome on both sides. That combined with slightly more inclined seating, make for a much more intimate setting. We began the tour on the sixth floor in the press room, which is the highest point in the stadium, and you would have thought you were in the first row of the upper deck in the dome. There is not a bad seat in the joint; it is going to be awesome.

The thing I previously hadn't noticed is that I will not be able to bring my knives, firearms, or any other missile-like objects into the stadium.

That's disappointing.

The thing I previously hadn't noticed is that I will not be able to bring my knives, firearms, or any other missile-like objects into the stadium.

That's disappointing.

Anyone sitting between you and Kool-Aid will appreciate it though! ;)

That's disappointing.

I'm mainly disappointed that they have outlawed my weapon of choice....pucks. :p Looks like my dream of thousands of pucks raining down on the UW band and their D'Bag coach will have to remain just that, a dream. I still plan on offering each and every one of their fans I run across their own personal "Camp Randall Visitor" experience though.

On a side note, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that we have the only stadium in the country that has the no pucks rule actually spelled out on a sign. We are THE state of hockey! :D

...sitting in the first few rows of the upper deck were very similar to the distance from the bottom of the lower deck in the dome, or possibly even closer...

As someone with seats in the front row of the second deck, all I can add is: :clap::clap::clap::clap:

I was a little bummed to see that you can't bring in outside food. The Metrodome actually allows outside food (most people don't realize that) and we would regularly bring in candy for the kids that we could buy for $1 a box at Target instead of the $4 a box at the concession stands.

I was a little bummed to see that you can't bring in outside food. The Metrodome actually allows outside food (most people don't realize that) and we would regularly bring in candy for the kids that we could buy for $1 a box at Target instead of the $4 a box at the concession stands.

?

Metrodome Fan Guide

Food and Beverages
Guests are not permitted to bring any outside food or beverages to any University of Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletics facilities.

One little extra note I learned yesterday regarding the stadium:
- Nike has agreed to pay for a canopy to cover the Gopher field entry tunnel. The canopy will have a large M and Nike Swoosh, but the main color has not yet been decided on.

Top Bottom