More Ohio State News. $hit May Fly?

Wrist slap ... two game suspension for Tressel.

Poor Cleveland State is going to get the hammer dropped on them once Ohio State meets with the infractions committee

To be fair that is the self imposed punishment. I'm not holding my breath that the NCAA will do anything more than that but the possibility still exists that they will.

Edit: Thanks for stealing my thunder GoAUpher. I need to type faster.

Tressel looks so "squeeky" clean. Maybe we should start calling him Squeeky rather than Sweater Vest or whatever. Maybe he should teach a class on how to keep ones job in spite of not following rules and regulation.

So much for the heavy hand of the NCAA! The NCAA lays down a complicated guanlet of do's and don'ts for its members to follow and then gets whimpy when it comes to compliance.

This is tOSU's own sanction after all. What do you expect?

That $250K fine doesn't count the suitcase full of unmarked Benjamins that some tOSU booster is delivering to the NCAA offices. I think the Bucknuts are hoping this problem goes away with a quick mea culpa. If I were USC's prez, I'd be pizzed if tOSU gets off this easy. Considering how the NCAA dropped a bomb on the Trojans, I would think they'd need to up the ante over the self-punishment just announced.

Hopefully hanging the Buckeyes out to dry, along with...

nailing USC might give the cowards who run the NCAA for the university prexys across the nation the cover to start going after the really nasty and bad Auburn and Oregon big name cheaters and rule benders all across the land. From the Big Ten to the SEC to the Big Twelve to the Pac Ten to the Big East to the ACC it's time to take the big boy cheaters down...they have cheated their way to the bcs bs games for way too long. Shame on the college prexys for running such a corrupt institution as the NCAA. College prexys of the country wake up. You love the big bucks that come your way, but you are running a very nasty and corrupt organization in your NCAA headquarters.

The NCAA had best start getting real and quit turning their collective heads the other way when schools such as OSU, USC, Oregon, Auburn, Alabama and all the rest break the rules.

The Ohio State coach should get the book thrown at him. So should the Ohio State Athletic Director and the OHIO State prexy.

One of these days there is going to be a real scandal coming out of the NCAA Offices. The sooner the better. It's time to bust the system wide open. Rules are rules and they apply to EVERY program.

I hope O$U gets everything everything short of the Death Penalty. I doubt that happens because of $$$ but who knows the NCAA did to USC so they finally might be growing a pair. And if they can nail Matta to the wall as well that would be awesome. Maybe just take down the entire department.

But looking at it from $$$ point of view as a fan of another school in the B1G is that the B1G splits bowl revenue, equally I'm pretty sure, so with O$U going to all those BCS bowls it meant major $$$ to other athletic departments. If they unable to go bowling because of this that could hurt the entire conference's bottom line in theory. That said if the B1G can continue to ALWAYS get 2 teams in to the BCS it wouldn't matter, except for that fact that all the other teams would be bumped up a slot.

I am thinking the NCAA extends his punishment to 3 games.
I am thinking they put Ohio state on probation and lose 1-2 scholarships.

If this were Minnesota I believe the NCAA would come down hard but not on THE OHIO STATE..puke.. I hate how they always win, always win the Big Ten, get top recruits in Football and Bball, and their fanbase is a bunch of spoiled aholes. Behind Wisconsin and Iowa come the bunkeyes on my list of hate.

Why didn't his suspension start at the beginning of the Big Ten season? IMO, it should.

Why didn't his suspension start at the beginning of the Big Ten season? IMO, it should.

Again, it's OSU's suspension and its pretty clear they weren't looking to cripple their team in any way. It'll be up to the NCAA to add to the penalty (which if you look at the Bruce Pearl situation is probably going to happen).

I see some significance to him not being on the field for two games, but the bulk of the influence a HC has is in the week leading up to it.

In the game he will largely make penalty, TO and kicking decisions to punt, go for it or FG (XP). The OC and DC likely control the other 90% of the game. I'm truly distilling this but in OSU vs. Akron...what else is he gonna do.

IMO if you want to punish him (which OSU doesn't) suspend him from the team for 2 weeks.

This is going to get interesting. NCAA will definitely hand down some harsher penalties.

This is definitely a fireable offense. If his W/L record was not quite as good do you think there would be any question.

Top Bottom