More Kill Comments on Players

I seems that some posters are in mourning over the Gophers' victory.

I seems that some posters are in mourning over the Gophers' victory.

Makes me smile.

Great article... I had no clue about Hawthorne's injury, I was wondering who that other kid was. And I also didn't know a THING about Bak.

Wettstein has been there as a walk on kicker for the last 3 years. Brewster & Co. never considered him, or gave him a chance. He was a HS soccer player,never played football in high school. The coach from his high school team didn't think he could kick. LOL. Someone is eating crow.

Surprised this article wasn't posted. If I had a kid who played college football, I'd sure want him to play for this guy. He's been lying low, but I hope this causes Oneoldgopher to disappear.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/132894958.html

Nice article. I am adaptive and can change my tune. The Iowa game was showed the team had heart. My question is this: will they play with that passion next Saturday in a non rivalry game? Will they take the lessons learned and produce another victory?

I am impressed with coach Kills approach to special teams and the onside kick. An interesting development was Kill playing so many non-scholie players who bleed maroon and gold since birth, like Bak. These guys kept the game exciting and the seniors who know this rivalry well played their hearts out and left it all on the field. That was great to see. I would like to see them do this each and every game. Maybe we should schedule future Iowa games in early September instead of so late in the season, so that the team can take away lessons on effort and determination. Instead, we are learning this late.

With so many team members who are not as familiar with this rivalry needed to see what it meant to those team members who understand the rivalry. It may have been Kills smartest move to date to get that passion onto the field to light the fire. I know some of them got on the field because of injuries, but it shows you what is possible when their is fire in the belly of the beast.

My Kudos go to guys like Bak. Henderson, and DCT (whom I predicted last spring would be a great receiver due to his dynamic speed (and wow, did the track haters declaim his speed -- fools!)

End of rant.

Top Bottom