Monday morning spin

bga1

Reaction score
Selection Sunday and other bracketologists: If heading into the pair of games MSU and Indy you were told you could only have one win -which would you choose? MSU or Indy? I'm guessing MSU.

I am hoping yesterday's debacle wakes up Tubby and the squad. Yes, I think both Tubby and the squad needed a wake up call. We are going to find out what kind of chops this squad and this coach has come this weekend. If we get the ship righted and get a win then yesterday may have been worth it.

Selection Sunday and other bracketologists: If heading into the pair of games MSU and Indy you were told you could only have one win -which would you choose? MSU or Indy? I'm guessing MSU.

I am hoping yesterday's debacle wakes up Tubby and the squad. Yes, I think both Tubby and the squad needed a wake up call. We are going to find out what kind of chops this squad and this coach has come this weekend. If we get the ship righted and get a win then yesterday may have been worth it.

I've thought of this too. In the end, I have to disagree. I'd rather have beaten Indiana and lost to MSU. While we do need a 'good' resume-building win, there are other opportunities to do that (Purdue, Wisconsin). But you can't un-do what will ultimately be a bad loss to a sub-200 RPI team in Indiana.

Without a doubt, the MSU win would help us more. Obviously winning both would put us off the bubble for the time being. And right now I say were on the outside looking in, but a win over MSU would put us at 4-3 in conference, with 3 quality wins, including a signature win over MSU, and would put us probably back on the good side of the bubble, and more winnable games coming up.

Without a doubt, the MSU win would help us more. Obviously winning both would put us off the bubble for the time being. And right now I say were on the outside looking in, but a win over MSU would put us at 4-3 in conference, with 3 quality wins, including a signature win over MSU, and would put us probably back on the good side of the bubble, and more winnable games coming up.

jj knows his bracketology. In fact I was just looking up one of your previous posts to get me out of the doldrums. The one where you mention another 5 game stretch is actually more important.

yeah it'd kind of an obsession i have, i usually update a bracket every day. do all the first 4 teams out, last 4 teams in, all that stuff. like i said, right now, were on the outside looking in, but there's still PLENTY of time to get the wins we need to get in.

No brainer for me BGA. If only one, I'd take a win over Sparty. Now the hard part (actually beating them) comes Saturday.

No brainer for me BGA. If only one, I'd take a win over Sparty. Now the hard part (actually beating them) comes Saturday.

Let's do it! I'm looking for the best effort I have seen in many moons from a Gopher squad this Saturday. I will be very surprised if they don't come out of the gates smoking.

Assuming our roster doesn't take any academic hits, I'm fully expecting a win Saturday. It's time to get it done. We looked horrible vs. a really bad Indiana team on Sunday, but if the Gophers play well they can beat Sparty.

This is a game the crowd really, really needs to help the Gophers. ... for reference see K-State's crowd last night vs. Texas. Sparty's not #1 like Texas, but Saturday is THAT BIG of a game for the Gophers' NCAA hopes. I hope the crowd understands that and does everything they can to make it difficult on Izzo's guys. I really think Saturday's game is a season-turner, for better or worse.

We should fully expect a victory Saturday. I appreciate your bracketology perspective.The squad is just not playing that well, but it is time to take it up a notch in all areas, Offense,Defense, decision making, hussel, and in coaching. I would think a shorter bench and a sense of Urgency from the team will be the catylist for a solid effort leaning to a win. Anything short of beating MSU should be considered a failure.

This is a MUST WIN for our beloved team and we should all expect them to play the best game of the season!

Please use a spell check of some sort millions2spare. It's not that you post anything credible but, when you don't spell it correctly, it really looks stupid.

Top Bottom