MOHAMED IBRAHIM rushing yards in our last 2 bowl games

LakevilleBro

Reaction score
My first post! Just a thought about Mohamed Ibrahim's rushing totals for our last 2 bowl games is 364 yards! This is really a remarkable effort, and I am not sure that this is getting much notice. GO GOPHERS!

His performance against Auburn reminded me of the GT game. Loved seeing him keep on running with guys trying to arm tackle him. He was often running with both arms wrapped fully around the ball. No way was Mo fumbling against Auburn.

When you see him at open practice he is all legs and hips. The guy is a punishing runner.

247 Profile - What's his weight now? Also note; you don't have to be 3, 4, 5 star to be great. They can't measure your heart.

My first post! Just a thought about Mohamed Ibrahim's rushing totals for our last 2 bowl games is 364 yards! This is really a remarkable effort, and I am not sure that this is getting much notice. GO GOPHERS!
Yup the guy saved our year last year when our 1st and 2nd string went out. Then this year performed at mock 9 level on bowl day. His vision against Auburn was crazy to see in person ... mo is a beast

Can’t wait to see him take the reigns next season. Guy’s insane out there. Feels like he’s the kind of guy that’ll guarantee you a win at the Rose Bowl if/when we make it

247 Profile - What's his weight now? Also note; you don't have to be 3, 4, 5 star to be great. They can't measure your heart.

He did have offers from Iowa and UK.
Why I like to look at offer lists rather than stars, as I trust coaches evaluations over whoever does them for 247 (I think Clint Brewster is one of their evaluators).

Well, of course, I believe Tom Brady was unrated coming out of high school. However, I do believe Mo was a 3 star (same as Kareem Hunt by Rivals).

Only seems that way because Mo's performance was overshadowed by Tyler's remarkable performance. The Gophers got a really nice write-up in the Chicago Tribune's final Big Ten power rankings. The Trib rated the Gophers #2 in the conference at season's end and talked about the bowl game. They said "Ibrahim broke like a million tackles."

As someone else mentioned, he was a 3 star and had a couple power 5 offers (Iowa, Kentucky) so he wasn't totally overlooked coming out of high school. His composite rank wasn't really high but 247 had him listed as a high 3 star with an 87 rating.

But he certainly gets overshadowed some on this team. Really excited to see what he can do next year in the feature role again. His performance against Auburn was huge and if TJ hadn't had a ridiculous day we would be much more focused on what Mo did. I am expecting a big year from Mo in 2020 as long as he can stay healthy.

He went to Good Counsel High School, They are a very tough team in the WCAC and play against DeMatha, St. John's, and Gonzaga. Usually two of those schools are nationally ranked.

Hopefully Mo will be healthy and drive the bus! Fleck is excited about some of the other guys too!!

Top Bottom