Mock the Hawk

From the Barn

Reaction score
Barnyard, this should be easy. Please step up.

To start, the Hawk as a name, and it is Brienne Ryan. If you can't do something with that spelling, then we might just need to retire the student section.

Barnyard, this should be easy. Please step up.

To start, the Hawk as a name, and it is Brienne Ryan. If you can't do something with that spelling, then we might just need to retire the student section.

It's a girl. Not sure if you thought they misspelled "Brian" at birth, but that's not an altogether uncommon name for a girl.

mascot

Did you notice the mascot "flapped" its wings during the entire game, during timeouts, pre-game... everything except the national anthem. male or female, that mascot must have some good muscle tone.
:)

Did you notice the mascot "flapped" its wings during the entire game, during timeouts, pre-game... everything except the national anthem. male or female, that mascot must have some good muscle tone.

Wow that was annoying, is there some sort of story behind that?

From the Wik

Wow that was annoying, is there some sort of story behind that?

"The Hawk is the mascot of Saint Joseph’s University. The Hawk represents the University’s motto, “The Hawk Will Never Die” by flapping its wings non-stop (even during halftime) throughout every basketball game. The Hawk, who has been flapping his wings since 1956, is one of the most decorated mascots in college sports, having been called the best college mascot by ESPN College Baskeball Magazine, Sports Illustrated, and The Sporting News."

An interesting story...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hawk_(Saint_Joseph's_University_mascot)

"The Hawk is the mascot of Saint Joseph’s University. The Hawk represents the University’s motto, “The Hawk Will Never Die” by flapping its wings non-stop (even during halftime) throughout every basketball game. The Hawk, who has been flapping his wings since 1956, is one of the most decorated mascots in college sports, having been called the best college mascot by ESPN College Baskeball Magazine, Sports Illustrated, and The Sporting News."

An interesting story...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hawk_(Saint_Joseph's_University_mascot)

Alright, I'll give it credit for being a 53 year tradition. I loved the chicken in the front row flapping his wings doing it back to the mascot though.

that's nothing...

Alright, I'll give it credit for being a 53 year tradition. I loved the chicken in the front row flapping his wings doing it back to the mascot though.

My wife started doing it too. I couldn't get her to stop!

During halftime some of the barnyard gang was having their pictures taken with the Hawk and the Hawk kept flapping its wings ( or wing ) the whole time.

I have to give that mascot a hand.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Pretty annoying, but apparently whoever is inside there gets a full ride so, I suppose if I had that in front of me I would do a lot worse things.

No doubt!! Those arms and shoulders have got to be in great shape.

Really?

btw, it didnt stop for the national anthem....

I thought the flapping had stopped during the anthem but I could be wrong ... I am OLD.

I had an excellent angle, sitting in 201 and did not notice the hawk flapping at the time, but now that I think of it I can't recall where she was then.

If it didnt stop during the anthem that was very bad form IMHO.

And talking about the anthem, I hate it when players have their hands in their pockets!

Like I said, I am old.

Just sayin'

FTB

But its wing was over its heard, which...sorta makes it non-disrespectful?

Yes, that sounds ok.

Where was she during the anthem? For some reason I thought she was in line with the St Joe players.

thanks

It was definitely flapping one arm during the whole anthem. At first I thought she was doing it to the beat, but she was just flapping one arm.

In honor of the St. Joe's Hawks getting blasted, I had a plate of hot wings for dinner last night.

Top Bottom