Mo Ibrahim signs with the Vikings

Very cool. Practice squad is a really good gig for guys that aren't quite good enough for the active rosters.

Damn, I posted this before I noticed Noel's thread.

Sorry, Noel!

It's been a long road for Mo. He went undrafted and then got injured in the first preseason game last year. The Lions cut him and then re-signed him to the practice squad in October. In his first game he only got three carries before he got smoked on a kick return against the Ravens. Players immediately were waving for medical staff because the hit dislocated Mo's hip. He spent the rest of the year on IR before the Lions cut him again.

Who knows what is left. Mo snaped his Achilles with the Gophers and then suffered two injuries last year including a serious one. Those aren't usually good signs for a RB. However, as we all know the kid has a ton of heart.

Hoping the best for him but that injury he sustained with the lions last year was severe - surprised he’s back already - I was under the impression it was career ending.

Looking at the numbers, Mo is a long shot to make the active roster. don't know if he is expected to play in Saturday's game - but if he's healthy, it would be an opportunity to at least showcase himself for other teams - or be in position for a berth on the Vikes' practice squad.

here's a bit of wild speculation - one of the Vikes' best special-teams players is now on IR for the season. so if Mo shows he can contribute on special teams, that might be a way onto the roster.

Looking at the numbers, Mo is a long shot to make the active roster. don't know if he is expected to play in Saturday's game - but if he's healthy, it would be an opportunity to at least showcase himself for other teams - or be in position for a berth on the Vikes' practice squad.
I would think that there is almost no chance for him to make the active roster. He was signed to come in, play this game and take the hits off the guys who are going to make the squad. If he impresses, maybe they will try to sign him back to the practice squad. At this point, I think the objective for Mo is to demonstrate that he's healthy, put some good reps on film and try to remain a viable option for someone in the league when injuries hit their RBs.

I would think that there is almost no chance for him to make the active roster. He was signed to come in, play this game and take the hits off the guys who are going to make the squad. If he impresses, maybe they will try to sign him back to the practice squad. At this point, I think the objective for Mo is to demonstrate that he's healthy, put some good reps on film and try to remain a viable option for someone in the league when injuries hit their RBs.
PA was hinting at this during his show today.

It's been a long road for Mo. He went undrafted and then got injured in the first preseason game last year. The Lions cut him and then re-signed him to the practice squad in October. In his first game he only got three carries before he got smoked on a kick return against the Ravens. Players immediately were waving for medical staff because the hit dislocated Mo's hip. He spent the rest of the year on IR before the Lions cut him again.

Who knows what is left. Mo snaped his Achilles with the Gophers and then suffered two injuries last year including a serious one. Those aren't usually good signs for a RB. However, as we all know the kid has a ton of heart.

All of us need to remember Mo's long, painful, arduous journey when a student/athlete prioritizes what sort of NIL package might be available to him

Does he play extra hard in practice to show how good he can be, or does that rub players the wrong way?

Not too surprising, unfortunately. He at least is on the Vikings radar, in the employee database, and probably still lives in the area so when a RB inevitably gets injured he's their first call.

Also could end up on practice squad.

Top Bottom