Mo comes home!

“Coach Mo. Yep, he’s been helping out our running backs and it’s really good to have him in the building. You get a lot of your former players that come back and want to be coaches. We know he still has that NFL dream that he’s doing and we hope that works out for him. I know he really wants to coach so being able to get in here and have that experience of being a coach at this level. He’s going to be so successful in whatever he decides to do. I know he’s got that coaching itch and we’re not going to talk him out of it because I think he’s going to be a real special one.”

Go Gophers!!

Mark my words, Fleck is going to slowly build a coaching staff filled with former players.
Well...I would imagine that most coaches are former players. Not necessarily from The "U", but still...former players.

Well...I would imagine that most coaches are former players. Not necessarily from The "U", but still...former players.
I assumed he meant Fleck players specifically.

I don't know if either want to coach, or can coach. But as long as we're pretending....
For DC I'm going with Carter Coughlin. He seems smart and might have picked up a few things in the NFL. I can't ever see this guy doing anything but football stuff in his life.
For OC, I'm going with Max Shikenjanski. After 4-5 years of holding a clipboard he might grow accustomed to it and feel this is the life for him. And maybe he knows something about a screen pass or something. I dunno.

Maybe someday.

I assumed he meant Fleck players specifically.

I don't know if either want to coach, or can coach. But as long as we're pretending....
For DC I'm going with Carter Coughlin. He seems smart and might have picked up a few things in the NFL. I can't ever see this guy doing anything but football stuff in his life.
For OC, I'm going with Max Shikenjanski. After 4-5 years of holding a clipboard he might grow accustomed to it and feel this is the life for him. And maybe he knows something about a screen pass or something. I dunno.

Maybe someday.
I mean....Winston would seem like a pretty obvious future DC candidate although my dream team OC and DC would be Morgan and MSM just to watch Gopherchase's head explode :)

Mark my words, Fleck is going to slowly build a coaching staff filled with former players.
I agree. I think he wants people from his specific culture and that he has relationships with. I don't see him as the type to hire a coordinator he doesn't know who put up a pile of points.

This isn't necessarily good or bad but I agree it would be his style as his former players start to reach their 30s and 40s.

What's Tanner's status at the moment, anyways? Did they bring him back as an analyst?

He might really be a smart guy and a fantastic coach someday, but unfortunately he can't teach anybody how to run over 4 guys and push the pile 4 extra yards like he used to do.

Glad to hear though that he hasn't completely closed the door on playing. He could make some good money even if hangs around for a few short weeks somewhere.

He might really be a smart guy and a fantastic coach someday, but unfortunately he can't teach anybody how to run over 4 guys and push the pile 4 extra yards like he used to do.
He can teach leverage, and leg drive. You cannot replicate his size or will, but you can teach how some of it is done.

Top Bottom