MN-IA football on Black Friday???

Does Iowa celebrate Thanksgiving also??

Send your wife shopping and bring a buddy and let him crush beers because he's so happy he doesn't have to go shopping also.

If the Gophers don't win on a regular basis Iowa fans will be able to get in whenever anyways. People will get in if they want to get in.

Let the students return their tickets for a small refund. I'm sure you could sell them to some high school football teams for $10. Be creative, I promise it doesn't hurt.

Clyde, it is sad. But I'd be less concerned with visitor attendance if I was more confident in the Gopher's winning. I've been to floyd games in the dome and I felt bad for the gophers playing neutral-site type game on their home field. hawks travel very well, and there are a lot of fair weather gopher fb fans.

There would be no bump in TV revenues. The Big Ten owns the rights to all games for FB and MBB.

At the end of the year, the money is divided between the schools.

And if this happened, game time would be set by the TV network televising it. That might be a bit strong, but TV would have a role in setting the game time. There would be a little more flexibility with it being a Friday.

Look at the teams that played on Black Friday

Week 13 NCAA Schedule

If I remember, Nebraska-Colorado was the ABC game, Illinois-Cincy & Rutgers-UL were on ESPN. As were Pitt-WVU & Nev-Boise.

I could see Minnesota-Iowa as a either an 11:00 game on ABC (1st game of a DH) or 2:30 on ESPN.

I assume if this is done, we won't be the only Big 10 game moving to Thanksgiving week-end and perhaps not even the only one on Friday. Therfore, for all we know we'd end up with another lovely 11 AM BTN kick-off. Hardly worth it. And I agree it's bad form to compete head-to-head with Prep Bowl if it can be avoided.

I assume if this is done, we won't be the only Big 10 game moving to Thanksgiving week-end and perhaps not even the only one on Friday. Therfore, for all we know we'd end up with another lovely 11 AM BTN kick-off. Hardly worth it. And I agree it's bad form to compete head-to-head with Prep Bowl if it can be avoided.

There will be games played at the same time as the Prep Bowl. The Big Ten schedules go to the Thanksgiving weekend now.

If the game is on Saturday, it would be against the AAA and AAAA Prep Bowl games.

There are 3 or 4 traditional final weekend games, depending on who has the week 9 (Big Ten season) bye.

Minnesota-Iowa
Michigan-OSU
Purdue-Indiana
Northwestern-Illinois (played a week earlier this year due to Illinois having the final week bye)
Also MSU-Penn St have been playing that final week.

Michigan-OSU will "never" move to Friday, while the other two don't have the panache that Minnesota-Iowa has.

If the Big Ten has one "Black Friday" game, it will be Minnesota-Iowa.

Prep bowl?

Students?

If they go for this, then we will also hear shopping as an excuse.

This is a tremendous idea. There are too many excuses in Gopher Nation.

Top Bottom