MN Daily: Student season ticket sales up

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Daily:

Marketing efforts from the athletics department, like the Jerrysota student tailgate lot and the Brick by Brick weekly video series, have captured the attention of football-loving students.

As of Sept. 3, the University had sold 49,816 student tickets for the 2014 season.

Associate athletics director for strategic communications Chris Werle said the marketing department has placed more focus on social media engagement in recent years.

“We’ve tried to make it easier for students to share their experiences, whether they’re tailgating or in the game,” Werle said.

This year, the tailgate lot features a DJ, Frisbee and bean bag tailgate games, smells of charcoal and enthusiasm for Gophers football.

“The environment with things like this [Jerrysota lot] make it seem like a Big Ten football game,” senior neuroscience major Kristen Kraimer said.

http://www.mndaily.com/sports/football/2014/09/09/student-season-ticket-sales

Go Gophers!!

I love when we sell more student tickets than we have students. What are those numbers???

I love when we sell more student tickets than we have students. What are those numbers???

Divide by 7 if you want average per game. "Student tickets," not season tickets. A little over 7,100 a game.

I am guessing some of those could even be single game student tickets? I'll take 7,100 every Saturday. They even showed up early last week!

That's awesome! Great job to Coach Kill and the marketing dept. Love the Brick by Brick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to see. We were over 10,000 late in Mason era when stadium was announced. Winning will only help. Student section was good Saturday and then they all left at halftime.

Students have been great. I've ragged on them in the past, but this year has been a great group. I don't blame them
for bolting after the third quarter in the last game. The stoppage of play with replays and commercials was ridiculous.

Good to see. We were over 10,000 late in Mason era when stadium was announced. Winning will only help. Student section was good Saturday and then they all left at halftime.

Some left at halftime. The rest left at the start of the 4th quarter.

That end zone gets really hot in the sun when you're standing the whole time and aren't wearing sunscreen. After 2-3 hours, you just start to bake. I was miserable the last hour but I stuck it out.

7,100 tickets per game is great. It will only get better if we have another good season.

To be fair, I believe you could buy 2 season tickets per student back then. I remember because I was in the band at the time and bought my parents tickets with both of mine.
Still, when we played Michigan in that fateful game, the crowd was absolutely insane and the student section was packed.

Top Bottom