MN Daily: Craighton hopes to best ranking

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Daily:

A few weeks before Alonzo Craighton’s sophomore season of high school football was supposed to begin, it ended.

The wiry defensive back from Louisiana was going through shuttle drills in practice when he tried to make a cut too quickly.

Snap.

The growth plate in his left ankle fractured, and he had to sit back and watch while coaches from touted schools came to recruit coveted teammate Justin Reid, who committed to Stanford over LSU and Notre Dame on Wednesday.

“They had a lot of coaches coming through, and a lot of coaches overlooked me because he was there,” Craighton said.

Because of the injury and the attention Reid commanded, Craighton ranked out as just a two-star recruit on recruiting website Rivals. Now, he hopes to be another Gophers recruit who proves rankings don’t matter.

“It makes me want to play better because I have something to prove,” Craighton said. “In my mind, I’m the best at everything I do.”

http://www.mndaily.com/sports/football/2015/02/04/craighton-hopes-best-ranking

Go Gophers!!

Development of the player matters over stars. If a player is ranked a two star but develops into a 5 star player then that's what I would take every damn time. How many 5 stars fail to continue to develop because they already reached their peak. Every player is different, everyone develops differently. Hope Craighton continues to develop into an outstanding All-B1G player

Sawvel has an extremely high success rate in recruiting DB's to Minnesota. It's to the point where any player he offers and wants I'm on board with. The potential of having a 6'2'' corner is really intriguing.

I like his size, and mental toughness. This was his sophomore year, and he probably was not truly back until his senior season. And that where the stars came from. 6'2 Corner who can run. I'll take a chance on that. Welcome Alonzo. All any player can do is centered in his wheelhouse, "It makes me want to play better because I have something to prove,” Craighton said. “In my mind, I’m the best at everything I do.”

Development of the player matters over stars. If a player is ranked a two star but develops into a 5 star player then that's what I would take every damn time. How many 5 stars fail to continue to develop because they already reached their peak. Every player is different, everyone develops differently. Hope Craighton continues to develop into an outstanding All-B1G player

I thought I saw this mentioned somewhere else, but it would be cool if the recruiting agency's reevaluated the graduating seniors every year. I'd imagine we would move up several spots in those rankings.

Top Bottom