MLive on MN at MI: Minnesota is not very good. Not good at all, actually.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per MLive.com:

Meet new-look Minnesota
Minnesota is not very good. Not good at all, actually. The Gophers are one of two teams without a Big Ten win, joining hapless Rutgers, and are losers in 10 of their last 11 games. The last victory came on Dec. 16 against Chicago State.

Gone from last season are familiar names Andre Hollins, Maurice Walker and DeAndre Mathieu, coach Richard Pitino's building blocks in his first two seasons at the helm. The program was turned over this past offseason and the results have been mostly garish.

"I thought that we would definitely take a step backwards in order to take a major step forward," he said last week, per the Minneapolis Star Tribune. "I didn't think it would be this bad. I'd be lying if I said I did."

The Gophers lost once more since that comment, dropping a 70-63 decision at home to Indiana on Saturday.

Minnesota is now led by 6-foot-9 forward Joey King, 6-2 guard Nate Mason, 6-5 guard Carlos Morris and 6-6 forward Jordan Murphy. All average between 12.9 points and 10.5 points, but two (Mason and Morris) are shooting under 41 percent. As a team, the Gophers are shooting 41.1 percent, ranking last in the Big Ten, while allowing 44.6 percent shooting, ranking 12th.

All told, Minnesota ranks eighth or worse in every single Big Ten statistical category except turnover margin (fourth, +1.3).

Keeping the streak alive
Michigan will be looking for its eighth straight win over the Gophers on Wednesday.

Now in his third season in Minneapolis, Pitino has notched a win over every Big Ten team, except the Wolverines.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2016/01/5_things_to_watch_mortiz_wagne.html

Go Gophers!!

When did he beat MARYLAND. 14-27 in the conference in the 3rd year.

When did he beat MARYLAND. 14-27 in the conference in the 3rd year.
He hasn't, perhaps the brethren hasn't accepted Maryland as a Big Ten school lol. Anyways hope the boys pin this on the wall and come out ready to play

per MLive.com:

Meet new-look Minnesota
Minnesota is not very good. Not good at all, actually.

Stop the presses! I wonder if this guy knows about the Hindenburg disaster.

"Garish?" Our fashion choices aren't my favorites either, but that's an odd criticism.

Top Bottom