Minnesota @ Wisconsin: 1-9-21 & 1-10-21

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score

Badgers at a glance: No. 12 Wisconsin (5-5, 5-3) struggled to maintain a full-strength roster in the first half of the season, with injuries, positive COVID-19 tests and the World Junior Championship depleting the squad. But when they open their second act against the Gophers, the Badgers should be back to their most complete roster since the season opener in November. Some notable returnees are forwards Cole Caufield and Dylan Holloway from the World Juniors; forwards Roman Ahcan, Tarek Baker and Dominick Mersch from COVID-19; and forward Ty Pelton-Byce from injury

When Jackson LaCombe, Ryan Johnson and Brock Faber returned to 3M Arena at Mariucci after a month away from their college team, there was no quiet slide back into the routine.

Their Gophers teammates made sure of that, surprising them at the rink Wednesday night to welcome them home.

"Getting to represent your country was awesome, but this is our team for the next four years, so it was really cool that we were able to come back, and they all took time out of their day to come to the rink at, like, 9 o'clock or something and give us a round of applause," Faber said. "… It was definitely special."

Gophers returning to action, the Wild starting up......what a great time to be a MN hockey fan!

Absolute horse shit home cooking reffing in the first. At least two if not more PP's stolen from the Gophers.

Wisconsin playing on that postage stamp rink. 2 steps and you're down ice.

That was a major bummer. My buddy was trying to explain that we should want them to lose because we don't want the #1 seed. But he's also an idiot that thinks that the #1 overall seed is cursed.

0-1 in games against potential tournament teams at full strength. Not good. Win is needed tomorrow or 10-0 against weak opponents looks even weaker.

UND back to #1 on Monday and they don't play SCSU or UMD again in the regular season.

0-1 in games against potential tournament teams at full strength. Not good. Win is needed tomorrow or 10-0 against weak opponents looks even weaker.

UND back to #1 on Monday and they don't play SCSU or UMD again in the regular season.
OK. UMD does not look that good.

No Reedy today. Not sure if he's hurt but he wasn't good yesterday so could be a healthy scratch.

Another Gopher "Get your ass kicked by your border rivals weekend" (Hoops team got beat by Iowa)

oops, my bad. I turned on the TV and caught the end of the "game" (didn't realize they were replaying yesterdays game). :oops:

Hope my bitching was incorrect!

Second day in a row of absolutely pathetic Big Ten reffing in the first period. Just like every year they are not good.

The defensive corps has been incredibly sloppy this weekend. Bad passes, turnovers, losing puck battles. It's been extremely poor.

Pretty "triangle" passing on that last goal

4-2 Gophers now in the third. Important to get out of there with a split.

Thinking we'll need at least one more goal with the way the defensemen are playing...

Ya I would not be surprised to see Caufield tie it up

Gophers get out of Madison with a split. Time to regroup before playing a boringly defensive Notre Dame team.

Still pretty uneven, but did enough for a split.

Gotta clean some things up.

It's wider than an NHL rink and the length is the same as every other rink including Mariucci.
Hybrid model? On another note. Its early in the season. You always say you don't want to peak too early in the season. I would think they are doing pretty good and they know that they have to clean things up. It will come with this team and coach. With Lucia I wasn't so sure any more.

Hybrid model? On another note. Its early in the season. You always say you don't want to peak too early in the season. I would think they are doing pretty good and they know that they have to clean things up. It will come with this team and coach. With Lucia I wasn't so sure any more.
La Bahn is 200x90. NHL is 85 ft wide where olympic ice is 100 feet. The Kohl center is 97. The vast majority of arenas are NHL ice, yet there are a few olympic, 95, 90 and a couple 87's in Boston.

Th
La Bahn is 200x90. NHL is 85 ft wide where olympic ice is 100 feet. The Kohl center is 97. The vast majority of arenas are NHL ice, yet there are a few olympic, 95, 90 and a couple 87's in Boston.
The best part is it’s 90 feet 3 inches wide, but 90 is close enough.

Top Bottom