Minnesota vs. Middle Tennessee State: Predictions and Goals For Saturday

Killjoy

Reaction score
By GoAUpher

Last week I treated a Gopher win as less of a prediction and more of a certainty. I feel the same way about this week. I don't fear that the Gophers will lose. I suppose if I do have a fear, it's that the Gophers won't pull together a "good" enough win. I think that's know as a #firstworldfootballfanproblem.

Predictions[/SIZE]

David Cobb rushes for 100 yards. I don't see a second week without a 100 yard rusher and I think the man to benefit from this is Cobb.

Mitch Leidner will throw 2 TD's and have no interceptions. I can't promise that we'll all feel great about the passing game coming out of this performance, but I do think he'll show us enough to keep everyone from hitting meltdown "BRING OUT THE MINION" territory.

Ryan Santoso makes a FG from longer than 40 yards. No reason, just a feeling.
Damien Wilson gets an interception. Same thing, just a feeling.

For more, click on the link below.

http://www.thedailygopher.com/2014/...predictions-middle-tennessee-state-goals-mtsu

All I know is this, my son will be in the press box with Gardsie fulfilling stats duties.

We averaged 4.6 yards per carry last week. I predict that number is around 5.5 ypc tomorrow.

I think the staff will have a very clear game plan for MTSU. Because MTSU is smaller and won't respect our passing abilities they will stuff the box. ML7 is going to have a breakout game and rack up 200 yards through the air in the first half. This will lead to MTSU changing their defensive strategy, which will allow Cobb and Edwards to both get over 100 yards rushing for the game. ML7 finishes the game with +300 yards in passing.

Leidner has over 250 yards in the air.....including a TD pass over 50 yards.

Cobb has over 100 yards total

Berkley has over 75 total yards

Win win the turnover battle by +3. Big Ten notices how good our defensive backfield really is.

If you hated the offense last week, you're going to loathe it come Saturday night. TCU has the week off, so they've already been prepping for MN. I doubt they show any more than they absolutely have to.

If you hated the offense last week, you're going to loathe it come Saturday night. TCU has the week off, so they've already been prepping for MN. I doubt they show any more than they absolutely have to.

They won't break out anything fancy......but it doesn't help us to show that we cannot pass the ball. That works opposite to what we want to do.

Top Bottom