Minnesota Ranked #18

My Chili's Hot!

Reaction score
The Meatiest Top 25: College football teams ranked by nearby cuisine

https://theathletic.com/1231490/2019/09/24/the-meatiest-top-25-college-football-teams-ranked-by-nearby-cuisine/?source=dailyemail

18. Minnesota
You definitely should try a Juicy Lucy — a local delicacy featuring molten cheese cooked into a burger patty — at your restaurant of choice, but try something a little classier for your next meal. You’re going to Butcher & The Boar for a smoked beef long rib. A massive slab of beef clings to a bone big enough to later serve as a weapon if necessary. That rib has been salt and sugar cured, and it has been smoked for 14 hours. It is garnished with Tabasco and molasses. You’ll dream about this one.

If you’d like to feel lighter while still consuming an abundance of calories the next morning, head to Hell’s Kitchen for the lemon-ricotta pancakes.

Mmmmmm.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Considering the size of the city I find it hard to imagine just by sheer volume and variety MN doesn't end up in the top 10.

Most food related CFB reviews are "here's some places I wondered into / googled, not that I've ever been there..."

So, they highlight the local fare by mentioning a national chain (Hell's Kitchen)?

Interesting. I saw Gordon Ramsay Hell's Kitchen is in other places like Las Vegas and Lake Tahoe, so I just assumed it was the same chain.

We were in the top 10 before BIG TEN Subs closed down.

While there are locations in the suburbs, I think that the campus location was the best. I still wish I could get an everything sub special on Thursday's for lunch or a memorial dip before a hockey game.

Interesting. I saw Gordon Ramsay Hell's Kitchen is in other places like Las Vegas and Lake Tahoe, so I just assumed it was the same chain.

Probably a common mistake. There was just an article in the Business Journal about them. The owners are retiring and selling to their 100+ employees.

Can't read the article but if they included JL (Matt's, 5-8) would add Handsome Hog (Lowertown StP), Red Cow, Blue Door as other can't miss meat focused places to go.

me too! Another good South Mpls based food spot near Nokomis is Bull's Horn.

Yes, great place. Kept the corner bar feel but majorly upgraded the kitchen and food. Was there over the summer. I'll also add Northbound Smokehouse...outstanding place over that way.

Also have to put Manning's on the list too.

Top Bottom