Rushing Yards/Attempt3.13.0
Turnovers510

Minnesota OffensePenn State Defense
Passing Yards/Game201.7173.8
Passing Yards/Attempt7.76.2
Rushing Yards/Game228.3213.8
Rushing Yards/Attempt5.04.9
Turnovers26

Their average run defense is our average run offense, and our average run defense is their average run offense. Says to me that we can and should get yards on these guys on the ground.

They seem to have an epidemic of turnovers, while we don't like to do that a whole lot. To win on the road, getting turnovers and controlling the clock through the running game seem like a great start.

Gotta be able to defend the pass. McSorely could carve us up if he gets comfortable. And, Mitch is going to have his toughest game as their pass defense is actually pretty stout so far this year.

I would be more inclined to make a correlation if the two teams had the same opponents. Or even some or one of the same opponents.

I'm not sure what to think of stats like this when we're just getting into conference play and they already had a game.

I'm a little more pessimistic just looking at those numbers.

To win on the road, getting turnovers and controlling the clock through the running game seem like a great start.

Thanks John Madden ;)

I'm not sure what to think of stats like this when we're just getting into conference play and they already had a game.

I'm a little more pessimistic just looking at those numbers.

Thanks John Madden ;)

To win this one, I think the Gophers are gonna have to score more points than Penn State.

And totally fair points about the comparability of the numbers given the schedules we've played to date.

Top Bottom