Minnesota/Iowa line

Sounds about right, O/U will be very low as well.

Both Iowa and Wisconsin will be tough for the Gophers as they both will stack the box and force Gophers to pass. AK completed 7 passes for 64 yards today, 9 of 22 against Penn State - and Tanner had 4 of 12 in his last shot.

Both Iowa and Wisconsin will be tough for the Gophers as they both will stack the box and force Gophers to pass. AK completed 7 passes for 64 yards today, 9 of 22 against Penn State - and Tanner had 4 of 12 in his last shot.
...and...our current receiving corp is worse than last seasons corp with the loss of Autmon-Bell.
Our last two games will be hard to win.

Again I'll be surprised if we're favored but ... guess that makes sense.

Anybody who watched us today would say we are tailor made for Iowa's defense. They will stack 8 in the box and dare the QB to beat them. I wouldn't put any money on that based on recent QB play.

The recruiting and development of the WR fall to PJ and the staff. Other than the Bateman homerun (which was really just the one year) I'm not impressed with the recruiting/development of WR group as a whole. I think the coaching staff needs to improve their best in that area.

However, recruiting a stud 4-star receiver is going to be tough as he looks at how this offense is typically run. Those guys don't want to come in here and be told they need to be happy blocking 90% of the time.

Anybody who watched us today would say we are tailor made for Iowa's defense. They will stack 8 in the box and dare the QB to beat them. I wouldn't put any money on that based on recent QB play.

The recruiting and development of the WR fall to PJ and the staff. Other than the Bateman homerun (which was really just the one year) I'm not impressed with the recruiting/development of WR group as a whole. I think the coaching staff needs to improve their best in that area.

However, recruiting a stud 4-star receiver is going to be tough as he looks at how this offense is typically run. Those guys don't want to come in here and be told they need to be happy blocking 90% of the time.
We should probably just disband the program

We should probably just disband the program
Not saying that as the program is probably in the best shape it has been in over the last 30 yrs. However, what are you satisfied with? In this one-dimensional mode we can have a consistent winner and grind out 8 to 9 wins every year. At the same time, have very little chance of ever making a Big Ten championship, since without a serviceable to good passing attack you're not beating the better teams in the conference. If you are happy with status quo and just hanging out in that good team range, then ignore the passing game comments.

Minnesota -3.5 to open
Hate to say it, but I’ll take Iowa +3.5.
I see us rolling out the same old conservative game plan that feeds right into Iowas defense and their lack of offense and the results are the same as every other year PJ has gone against Kirk

Hope I’m wrong, but feel like I’ve seen this movie before.

Not saying that as the program is probably in the best shape it has been in over the last 30 yrs. However, what are you satisfied with? In this one-dimensional mode we can have a consistent winner and grind out 8 to 9 wins every year. At the same time, have very little chance of ever making a Big Ten championship, since without a serviceable to good passing attack you're not beating the better teams in the conference. If you are happy with status quo and just hanging out in that good team range, then ignore the passing game comments.

I think we finally have the QBs to take it to the multi-dimensional level.

Milan was right on the broadcast when he said Fleck uses the players/their talents that he has correctly at this juncture.

The gophers have been one game away from the big ten championships in each of the last 2 non Covid seasons.
If they win the next two it means they either were one game away or made it.

Not sure you blow it up to try to get into the mix when you’re already in the mix.

You just listed 8-9 wins every year.

Here are the last 3 full seasons:
11 wins
9 wins
7 wins with 3 to play

So I’m not sure 8-9 wins every year is a good analysis of where the program currently sits

Last edited:

Top Bottom