All Sports Central, June 29, 2023 predictions:
6-6 (4-5)
The Ceiling is 9-3
The Floor is 4-8

Tailgate Nate, June 15, 2023 predictions:
8-4 (6-3)
The Ceiling is 9-3
The Floor is 5-7

What is your early preseason prediction?

Last edited:

both of those look like decent predictions

I would predict 9-3
Ceiling is 10-2
Floor is 5-7

I see 6-6 as more likely than 10-2
I see 9-3 as more likely than anything else as I am high on the team. But if I am wrong about passing game and big play ability of RBs this is a 5-7 or 6-6 team pretty quick.

Neb W
E Mich W
NC L
NW W
LA W
MI L
IA W
MI State L
IL W
Purdue W
Ohio State L
WI L

7-5, win Bowl game 8-5

Before bowl record: 10-2 absolute ceiling; 9-3 realistic ceiling. 8-4 very possible, but we need to start off with a good win over Nebraska. If we lose to Nebraska (because of key injuries or something out of whack with the new elements in offense or defense), 6-6 might be a realistic number. I’m an optimist; for now, I’m in the 8-4/9-3 camp.

I agree with @Gopher Grandpa. The Gophers-Huskers game is very pivotal in setting the tone for the entire season.

This is a must-win game for both teams. The road to the Big Ten West Title starts at Huntington Bank Stadium.

Excellent cliches. ;)

Last edited:

My early preseason optimistic prediction:

8-4 (6-3)
The ceiling is 11-2
The floor is 5-7
9-4 with a bowl game win

Matt Rhule's Defense emphasizes hitting. So do the Gophers. We have to worry about protecting Athan Kaliakmanis.

Last edited:

I think 6-6 is a floor. That would involve us being pretty bad in games we should be competitive in, and probably include one real sticker.

10-2 feels like a ceiling. We could get there by running the table against everyone not named michigan and Ohio State (or beating one of those two and dropping one against a good but not great opponent in NC or our division). Definitely don't expect that, and it would be very impressive if it happened.

I see three games as key to the season:
at North Carolina
at Iowa
home v. Wisconsin

Gophers win all three, they can be 10-2(7-2).
Gophers lose all three, they can be 7-5(5-4)

if you hold a gun to my head, I would go with 8-4(6-3) as a prediction

Unlike last two years, I would be very happy with an 8-4 record as long as we beat Iowa and Wisconsin. 9-3 is my ceiling and 7-5 floor. 6-6 would be a failure even with the tough schedule

Top Bottom