Minnesota Day on BTN on Wednesday

CP Gopher

Reaction score
I like the concept, but can't they find some different games to show? I could recite every play from the football win at Michigan in
'05 and the Hoffarber buzzer-beater in my sleep.
How about some old games from Memorial Stadium, or some basketball or hockey from the '70's?

Our bowl game wins over 'bama and Arkansas would be good ones also, always nice to watch us beat the national champs!

Or the win over Oregon. That was a fun game

C'mon guys, how can you not get fired up for that 1996 Minnesota-Illinois game??? Gophers prevail to tie Indiana and Illinois at 1-7 in the Big Ten!

The win over Ohio State at Memorial, the shut out of Michigan at Memorial, the back to back wins over Iowa at The Bank. Or how about the win over Haden Fry in his last Big 10 game in the Dome.

Geeze - In reading the above posts we really need something big to happen around here. This year.

I would love to see the Halloween game vs MSU again. That was a fun game!

I've been disappointed with the days dedicated to Minnesota. Maybe I just haven't watched on the right days but it seems like they have never shown the bowl games from 02, 03 and 04.

They show the last game at Memorial with the win over #1 ranked OSU. The "Throwin Samoan"

The one game I wish they'd show is the 2000 win @ OSU. It was an ESPN game, and ESPN has given the BIG the rights to show many games they've originally aired over the years, so I would doubt this is restricted by ESPN/Disney.

Do your part and email BTN and give them your input!

Why the 1996 game versus Illinois is constantly shown is beyond me.....

BTN could work a little harder at finding some games.

How about the Syracuse NCAA tourney game (basketball) from 1990?

Or how about Tyrone Carters rookie year..2 fumble returns against Syracuse.

Or the '99 road game vs Iowa.

GM

I don't really watch Big Ten Network outside of live Gopher games, have they ever shown Gophers basketball @Wisconsin from 2009 on Minnesota day? I remember I recorded that one on DVR and watched it late at night with my brother, what a comeback at the end in overtime, that was one exciting game.

Top Bottom