Minnesota Announcement Regarding the Northwestern Game Postponement

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score
http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/011017aaa.html

Release from Minnesota regarding the Northwestern game postponement.

Northwestern women's basketball on Monday announced the death of sophomore student-athlete Jordan Hankins. Following the tragic news, Minnesota's Wednesday, Jan. 11 home game against the Wildcats has been postponed. No makeup date has been set.

"Our team was very saddened by the loss of Jordan Hankins," Minnesota head coach Marlene Stollings said. "It is with heavy hearts that we sympathize with Jordan's family and friends and the entire Northwestern community during this difficult time."

https://dailynorthwestern.com/2017/...-death-ruled-a-suicide-medical-examiner-says/

Weinberg sophomore Jordan Hankins’ death was ruled a suicide, according to the Cook County Medical Examiner’s report released Tuesday.

Hankins, 19, was found dead in Foster-Walker Complex on Monday afternoon. Police were called to Plex just after 3 p.m., Evanston police Cmdr. Joseph Dugan said.

A native of Indianapolis, Hankins was a guard on the women’s basketball team and a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha sorority. She was studying on the pre-med track, according to her Facebook page.

What an incredible loss . She was balancing a very difficult load with D1 sports schedule and being pre-med. I only played D2 and did pre- med and it was a very demanding schedule. Sending comfort to her family / friends.

AP report says this game has been canceled. Assuming that's an error?

I noticed the teams both have games on 2/11 and 2/16. A makeup game either on Monday 2/13 or Tuesday 2/14 wouldn't have a conflict with the men's side.

Email from the U said it would be rescheduled and they would issue new tickets . Saw the ME report said she hung herself. So tragic......

I noticed the teams both have games on 2/11 and 2/16. A makeup game either on Monday 2/13 or Tuesday 2/14 wouldn't have a conflict with the men's side.

Zing!

The Gophers’ game against Northwestern, which was postponed this past week, has been rescheduled for Monday, Feb. 13 at 6 p.m. at Williams Arena

Top Bottom