Minnesota and wrestling legend Road Warrior Animal passed away at age 60

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per TMZ:

WWE icon Joseph Laurinaitis, AKA Road Warrior Animal, died Tuesday night of natural causes ... TMZ Sports has confirmed. He was 60 years old.

Law enforcement tells us, the wrestling legend -- who was one half of the famous Road Warriors tag team -- passed away at Tan-Tar-A Resort in Osage Beach, MO.

We're told cops received a call at around 11:49 PM from Laurinaitis' wife ... but when deputies arrived on scene -- emergency personnel had already declared the ex-wrestler deceased.

Laurinaitis is considered one of the best in-ring performers of all-time -- he wrestled for most of his WWE career with Road Warrior Hawk and won multiple tag team championships as The Road Warriors/Legion of Doom.

He was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2011.

Go Road Warrior Animal!!

That sucks. I have a picture of The Animal and my prom group from 1986. He was so cool to hop over a few fences to take it with us.

I work with a woman who dated him for two years in H.S. She is very sad right now.

I remember distinctly when The Road Warriors along with Precious Paul joined the AWA-they were in a different realm than the rest of the wrestlers at that time. It was ridiculous to think that the likes of Greg Gagne, Jim Brunzell, Jerry Blackwell, etc. could match up with those monsters. *Sigh*

Honestly, their entrance to Iron Man was just so far ahead of its time. Pretty normal now, but that kind of entrance was pretty new back then.

Top Bottom