Minnesota’s defense will surprise in 2021

Agree 100%

Over his career, CAB has had about 1/2 the catches that were allotted to either Tyler Johnson or Rashod Bateman:

Catches per game/career:
Johnson: 4.95
Bateman: 4.74
CAB: 2.44

Yards/Catch:
Johnson: 15.52
Bateman: 16.29
CAB: 16.03

I think CAB absolutely lights it up this year.

Agree. That block he throws...

Man, love all this defense talk! ;)

Anyway - CAB:

- we heard up and down, left, right, and center how Bateman's lack of production in 2020 was entirely due to the lack of having TJ to draw defenders away
- so obviously then, CAB didn't perform that task nearly as equal?

There were A LOT of dropped balls early on by WRs other than CAB (including Bateman) and pretty shoddy pass protection. I think CAB was the least of our problems in the passing game in 2020.

There were A LOT of dropped balls early on by WRs other than CAB (including Bateman) and pretty shoddy pass protection. I think CAB was the least of our problems in the passing game in 2020.
Agree that pass protection in 2020 was far worse than in 2019. That's both personnel related and scheme related.

Don't know if Bateman forced himself into the slot or if Sanford force him there. We do know that Sanford took what worked so well for us in 2019, and chucked it out the window, in regards to longer passes. After the Iowa beatdown, I think they finally started getting back to it. I know Burns called them out on this specifically.

I don't recall about all the drops. I'll take your word on that! But also again may have been due to scheme (more short, quick passes on timing routes?) and pressure on the QB, also just Morgan making worse passes?

All the things.

Nubin making a jump with a year under his belt would be huge for the D. He seemed to settle in down the stretch some, and it sounded like he almost won the job over Howden when AWjr was here, so I’m hoping his physical talent comes through this year.

I am excited for Ortiz, I don't know how long it will take but I think he is going to be a stud for us.

Top Bottom