Minneapolis to Bid for 2017 CFB National Championship Game

Why not? A brand new, awesome stadium? Seems like a perfect place for the NC game. I will be one of the first in line for a ticket.

Assuming the Vikes stadium is done, it would work. TCF Bank is too small.

Per Fowler:

Minnesota will face the inevitable weather concerns, but I get the sense the College Football Playoff folks will be open-minded about the process. Dallas for the 2015 title game was destined from the start. The open market truly begins in 2016.

Go Gophers!!

Per Fowler:

Minnesota will face the inevitable weather concerns, but I get the sense the College Football Playoff folks will be open-minded about the process. Dallas for the 2015 title game was destined from the start. The open market truly begins in 2016.

Go Gophers!!

The only reason Minnesota got the Super Bowl was as an honor to dying Max Winter. There is no way anyone in charge of the play-offs is going to risk a foot of snow to hold the game in Minnesota. It just isn't going to happen.

Why not? A brand new, awesome stadium? Seems like a perfect place for the NC game. I will be one of the first in line for a ticket.

They also don't care one damn if anyone from the Twin Cities buys a ticket. This is about traveling fans of the participants--any they ain't coming.

Being "positive" isn't going to change the weather. Dallas is as about as far north as you will see this game.

Some will say "what about New York". This ain't New York.

They also don't care one damn if anyone from the Twin Cities buys a ticket. This is about traveling fans of the participants--any they ain't coming.

Being "positive" isn't going to change the weather. Dallas is as about as far north as you will see this game.

Some will say "what about New York". This ain't New York.

People won't attend the NC game if it is in the Twin Cities? They will have to sell tickets at a firesale to fill the stands?

How many times did Max Winter die in Detroit to award them their super bowls? When the superbowl is held in the new Viking's stadium, will that be a Max Winter echo effect?

How does the NCAA get all those fans to northern sites in March/April for the final four?

This ain't New York. That's for sure. It is amazing how big event planners don't give one damned about Twin City residents buying tickets but do care about such things as the ghost of Max Winter, snow over a domed stadium, and latitude higher than mid-texas.

How many times did Max Winter die in Detroit to award them their super bowls? When the superbowl is held in the new Viking's stadium, will that be a Max Winter echo effect?

How does the NCAA get all those fans to northern sites in March/April for the final four?

This ain't New York. That's for sure. It is amazing how big event planners don't give one damned about Twin City residents buying tickets but do care about such things as the ghost of Max Winter, snow over a domed stadium, and latitude higher than mid-texas.

:clap: that was good.

I must not be a big enough geezer to understand the meaning of this...lol.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Minneapolis has bid on the 2017 title game. Looks like first chance for a Midwest site. One of six cities that bid on '17 game.</p>— Rittenberg/Bennett (@ESPN_BigTen) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPN_BigTen/statuses/384677953352650754">September 30, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom