Minn. vs Wofford TV rerun

figi

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been posted. Rerun of the game tonight ( Sat. 11-13-10 ), BTN, 10:30 PM.

Ouch, snapped a very long home winning streak with the loss.

Nice I just turned it on. Nice dunk by Trevor.

The shot of the day for the Gophers (at least from the 3/4 of the game that I saw) was Armelin's mid-range pull-up jumper that he hit with a hand in his face - that's a tough shot. Armelin made some "freshman" mistakes but he has some good potential.

Watching the game made me think that Tubby really needs to get some quality (i.e., 4* type) big men on the roster. Mbakwe, Iverson and Sampson are all Juniors - my opinion is, to be on the safe side, Tubby needs to get two 4* type big men in the '12 class (either HS or transfer). The Gopher roster appears to be shaping up pretty well with guards and wings for the future with Williams just a sophomore, Austin and Armelin freshmen this year, and Andre and Coleman coming in next year - as long as Andre proves capable of running the point, then the Gophs should be pretty well set at guard/wing. The situation with bigs is more murky, though. I don't think Mo ought to be more than a 10-15 minute player, and he seems to be the best bet to earn minutes among the group of Oto, EE and himself. So somehow Tubby ought to get a starter caliber PF and a starter caliber C in the '12 class to keep the Gophers in the top half of the Big Ten.

Top Bottom